• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Mancunian_Nick

1. M

Edward Poyser (born 1920)

PLEASE Forgive me if I'm writing this part in the wrong area but following on from my last post, I have an interesting looking dilemma or query which I'm hoping someone smarter than I can assist me with please? :) OK starting off with what I know. Firstly the newspaper clipping from the Evening...
  2. M

Royal Warwickshire Regiment WW2

Hi Janice. Thank you SO much for Meerut. Yes indeed, that makes sense and fits. I've finally managed to discover what R.P.D.D. stands for. As you can see, there's one at Canterbury and Scarborough as well as one in India as well, although that one isn't described as a depot. Anyway I'm...
  3. M

Ok thank you all for your patience but finally I've got the scan done that I promised Janice a day or two ago. The place or hospital name I can't make out is at the bottom. The AFB 104/91 is in the left margin as you can see with the 2nd battallion reference to training at the RPDD is in the...
  4. M

A smart Gunner ! I'm interested to see your Dad is wearing a bayonet on his belt, I thought it was only the infantry that did that. Well they don't like it up 'em you know ... they do not like it! :D He does look very smart though.
  5. M

Thank you Janice. OK no worries. Leave it with me for now.
  6. M

Hello Janice. Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated. I am extremely busy tomorrow morning/early afternoon but I'll see if I can do with some judicial folding. Unfortunately, as I said, all the photocopies are A3 size but my scanner is A4. Maybe I can simply fold the relevant one in half...
  7. M

Hello. I have received, finally, the service records of Edward Poyser, number 2573903. On his statement of services, there's an entry for 7th January 1939 which says 2nd Battalion R Warwick R and that he was posted on completion of training at the RPDD. I was sent a list of abbreviations with...
Back