• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by malta

1. M

Village

I have a Samuel peters who married Emily Sarah Village born 1849 . They were married 26 March 1866 at Bishop Ryder Church.
  2. M

Den Brotheridge (Hero)

Thanks Steve, Den was one of the many unsung hero's, if it wasn't for them I hate to think where we would be today Regards Malta
  3. M

Christian names

John Adams marriage to Charlotte Douglass 25th Dec 1874 at St Phillips Birmingham. John Adams ch St Peters Wolverhampton 16th Jan 1852. sourced from Family History. Malta
  4. M

Courtyards and yards of brum

maypolebaz you are not wrong the Rev'd Power was there in the forties, he lived in Maypole Lane near to the top a few houses down from the Motel, My mother used to say he was a true christian and gentleman and was loved and respected for his work and generosity, Also over the years I have been...
  5. M

Coach company Hurst street.

I think it was Worthingtons Coaches but not 100% sure Malta
  6. M

Worlds Wear Ltd.

Many Thanks Colin Malta.
  7. M

Worlds Wear Ltd.

Help please? can anyone give me any information regarding worlds wear fabric manufactures I believe they were based in Balsall Heath prior and after WW11. Malta
  8. M

John Street Dale End

Hi Wendy. Thanks for the picture of John St. My Ancester Elizabeth Peters died at No 3 court John St in 1849 from Phithisis age just 55. Malta.
  9. M

Asylum/Hospital at Bromsgrove

I believe there was an Asylum/Hospital called Powic near Bromsgrove. Malta.
  10. M

Conybere Street - Dymoke street development starts

The streets around St martins flats boundry were Anglina St ,Dymock St, Leopold St and Vaughton St and there was no pub on the couner of Dymock St and Conybere St as I lived there in the from 1937 to 1963
  11. M

Conybere Street - Dymoke street development starts

Phil I lived in Angelina St from 1937-1963 and to my knowledge The Prince of Wales pub was on the corner of Stanhope St and Angelina St A family called Callagher lived in the house on the corner of Dymoke St and Angelina St my family lived several houses down from them. Malta. a family...
  12. M

Tooth Family

Hi Alan I had an Aunt Mavis Peters nee Tooth she a Brother Brian, they lived in Kingstanding. Malta.
  13. M

Pewterers

Hi Mike A.E.Williams in Well Lane Digbeth, a pewter company run by my nephew, just go to www.pewtergiftware.com Malta
  14. M

Allcock Street, Deritend

Hi Rob. Thank you for information much appreciated. Wendy.
  15. M

Allcock Street, Deritend

Hi Robert. My Grandmothers Mother was an Agnes Veness before her marriage to William Holden in 1901 they lived at 112. Flodgate St. amd Bishop St in 1911.
Back