• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by malmar

1. M

Mapledene Junior & Infants School

Hi badpenny I was there from 1954 to 1958 Miss Walton was the secretary The teachers were Miss Figures she kept me in for talking one afternoon and forgot about me by 5 o'clock my mother was frantic . Then there was Mr Whiting he wore thick black spectacles and his shoes...
  2. M

Smithfield Garage

Hi True Brummie Tried to reply through link but no go I will be at the xmas meet . Managed to transfer 8mm film to DVD I will bring it with me and a Raffle prize . Looking forward to meeting everyone . I live in Aldridge if anyone needs a lift.
  3. M

Smithfield Garage

I will try and transfer it on to a DVD I have transferred other family films to DVD with moderate success . Perhaps you know someone who is able to do it professionally. If you have meetings I could show it using my 8mm projector and screen . Thanks for welcoming...
  4. M

Smithfield Garage

I am Bill Winkley's son I worked at Smithfield from 1966- 1977 . My father was there from 1945 - 46 until he died unexpectedly in 1974by then he was the MD . I can remember many of the employees . I have some 8mm film taken in the late 50's early 60's of...
Back