• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by maggie7858

1. M

Grand Hotel Colmore Row

Prior to the late 20's it was the lovely old Hip bath for full ablutions and the pitcher and ewer for the daily necessities! The later provided discreetly each day by an unseen maid and the former brought up via the 'dumb waiters' or service lifts then the client alerted when all was ready
  2. M

Grand Hotel Colmore Row

Will scan in the next day or so - on shifts at work til day off on Monday, Viv.
  3. M

Grand Hotel Colmore Row

Give me day or two - to locate, scan and uploafd, My mother was Nancy May Bissiker (bn 1920) and my father was Richard Healy (bn1916) a little Irishman
  4. M

Grand Hotel Colmore Row

My mother met my father here in the late 1930's - I have a faded but very evocative photograph taken in the Ball Room of a Staff party dating form the late 30's- reminds me of The Shining!!!
  5. M

Perry William aka The Tipton Slasher

Also see British newspapers Archive : Sheffield Independent 11th Feb 1870 - citing The Newcastle Chronicle: QUOTE: "We have information from Wolverhampton which proves without doubt theperson now inGateshead Workhouse who asserts he is 'The Tipton Slasher' is not the individual he represents...
  6. M

Perry William aka The Tipton Slasher

Re: William Perry aka The Tipton Slasher Hello All After considerable research, I have unearthed an APOLOGY dated 20th February 1870 printed in the REYNOLDS NEWSPAPER ( please see British Newspapers on line) " A CONTRADICTION - WE ARE REQUESTED TO STATE THAT THE REPORT WHICH APPEARED IN OUR...
Back