• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by lynnspence

1. L

Izzard syd, sydney

Hello Alberta , thank you for that , I knew sydney had been born in london but never knew where. Sydney stayed in the midlands after the war. As a child in the mid/late 60s i remember we used to visit him in kingstanding, we lost touch but found him a little while before my marriage in 78...
  2. L

Spence family Could i have a electoral roll look up please.

Shera, Thank you so much, you"ve been instrumental in finding the people ive been looking for. Lynn.
  3. L

Hello Astonian, As far as i know Herbert H spence was a plumber, or that is whats on his marriage certificate. Shera, yes thats the family im looking for, but cant find any address in the birmingham area where i think they may of lived.
  4. L

Hello im looking for the spence family . Herbert H spence dob 1886 born Dudley as yet ive not been able to find a death cert for him. Caroline spence, nee Hickman born 1890 sedgley as yet ive not been able to find a death cert for her . Herbert and Caroline were married in 1916 in Dudley...
  5. L

Izzard syd, sydney

does anyone know sydney Izzard he lived the the Kingstanding area, in the 70s sydney died in march 1978.
  6. L

Marjorie spence.

Ok the marjorie spence im trying to trace was born in Dudley 1917. Her parents were , Herbert spence,born dudley 1886, caroline spence nee Hickman born sedgley 1890. Herbert married Caroline at Dudley in 1916.
  7. L

Trueman family

Does anyone know the Trueman family. Walter j Trueman 1908 Arthur e Trueman 1910 Cordellia Trueman 1912 Robert s Trueman 1914 Horace c Trueman 1916 Ralph Trueman 1919 Olive r Trueman 1921 Raymond e Trueman 1924 John Trueman 1927 All born in the Hansworth / west Bromwich areas.
  8. L

286 pershore road Birmingham

Phil it sounds like everything is dropping into place now, and a boarding house type of building would explain the amount of people living there. Colin, my husband has just sold a LWB 2.8 , but held on to his 71 bobtail RR.
  9. L

Colin, im not sure to be honist. is it a pajero in your avatar ?
  10. L

Colin All it says on the birth cert is , 286 pershore rd Birmingham 5.
  11. L

mikejee It seems the more i find out, the less i know. at the moment i feel that ive run into a brick wall..but thanks for the info. looking at the whole picture, it seems the person im looking for did her best to cover her tracks so to speak.
  12. L

This is the building im talking about.
  13. L

horsencart. thanks for that, could explain the crests/coat of arms on the building. the lady i spoke to today said it used to be a kitchen/cookhouse, and the house next door was the caretakers house which according to her is 286. ive been trying to search for info on what Astonian told me but...
  14. L

Hi horsencart. do you know if its always been this , or was it previously used as Astonian has said.
  15. L

Astonian. This couple sounds a bad lot , do you know if she gave birth around 1958 then put the baby up for adoption.
Back