• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Lynda Harvey

1. Lynda Harvey

Missing our 3 black cats SO much!

I daren't watch it!!! We are off on holiday tomorrow and I have to leave my great lump for a week. A neighbour is going to look after her, but you worry yourself silly. We live in a small village so I know she will be ok, and at least the weather is better now and she has a nice shelter. I'll...
  2. Lynda Harvey

how can i find sumones details.when i cant find any trace of their wedding..

It's wonderful and heart warming to see you all help like you do. :angel: If we can't help one another its a sad place to be. Thats why I love it on this site.:beam: Lynda:)
  3. Lynda Harvey

windows 7 home

I run on Windows 7 which has been ok. Tried to upload IE 9 and found that my e mail with sky wouldn't work. Didn't particularly like the browser either. Anyway, being a bit of a novice, it took me all night to remove IE9 and then found an undate that had been downloaded extra and until I had...
  4. Lynda Harvey

Children's Radio Programmes

The owl and the pussy cat :)
  5. Lynda Harvey

I must be getting old 'cos I forget anyway.:boohoo: That's why I enjoy the television as I've forgotten they are repeats. Lynda:)
  6. Lynda Harvey

The railway runs through the middle of the house Frosty the snowman Its all coming back Lynda:)
  7. Lynda Harvey

Nelly the Elephant Ugly Duckling Magnificent men in their Flying Machines This is the night (from lady and the tramp) How much is the doggy in the Window. Lynda:)
  8. Lynda Harvey

Traditional Brummie Food

Brown Pea and Ham Soup. Chicklings.Brawn Pigs trotters. ox tail. The penny winkles. Not recipes as such I suppose, but foods my Dad liked. Lynda
  9. Lynda Harvey

My Sad Loss

Phil So sorry to hear of your sad loss. She looked a lovely woman. I hope we will see our loved ones again in good health and thoughts are with you and family at this sad time. Lynda
  10. Lynda Harvey

Definition of “Brummie”, “Astonian” etc

I was born in Erdington and we went 'up the village' to shop. Often walking to it up Hunton Hill and left at the top. I've even walked to Sutton Park when younger. Mom was born behind the Blues ground and Dad Villa Park. Needless to say I went to see Villa with Dad and wore Claret and Blue in...
  11. Lynda Harvey

Mr Erskin's shop in Alum Rock

Just the sort of post we like to read Stan. Something with a bit of nostalgia in it. Hope you get more replies. Lynda
  12. Lynda Harvey

My Wife Marion.

So sorry to hear your news Barry. My thoughts are with you. Lynda
  13. Lynda Harvey

Vintage TV

Has anyone come across this channel? Its on 369 on Sky as called Vintage TV.:cool: I'm not a big pop music fan, although I will sometimes listen while I'm working in the morning. My sister put me on to this channel as it plays music from the different decades whilst showing news clips from that...
  14. Lynda Harvey

Brummie sayings & language

Our Mom used to say when coughing, 'I've got a crumb on me liver'. One of Dad's favourites was 'Guy squints' if something suprised him. Goodness knows where that came from. Lynda
Back