• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by LYNDA C

1. L

high st..erdington

I have lived in Erdington all my life. I used to go to the Palace pictures in the early 70's to the saturday morning minors club, it cost the old shilling at first, and I am sure it was in the spot where the bookies is and Dorothy Perkins is now,there is also a stationery shop and Chemist These...
  2. L

high st..erdington

I remember Owen and Owen being towards Six way. going towards 6 ways on the left side of the High Street, that was in the 70's There were some nice shops along the High Street then
  3. L

high st..erdington

Is this the same site as the co op today. as I remember the old co op store, where the palace picture house was next door :-)
  4. L

St Barnabas Church Erdington

I was born in Erdington, I was christened at St Barnabus, I got married there. my children were christened there. My parents were married there, members of my family were married and christened there, We used to have some school assemblies there, Brownies and Girl Guide parades, I felt so sad...
  5. L

George Street Harborne

Mike Thankyou for the information, I was born in Erdington and my husband was born in Warley, With doing these searches. I have found that my husbands gt grandparents came from Spon Lane, I feel that maybe our family's had crossed paths before, who Knows. Many Thanks
  6. L

George Street Harborne

The family name is Bown , Job Bown he was my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather is George Street there today
  7. L

George Street Harborne

I am trying to work out if there is a george street in Harborne I am looking at the 1881 cencus and cant find george st today in Harborne The actual address I have is Rocks Yard, George Street, Harborne, Stafford !
  8. L

Old gun battery site’s around Birmingham & nearby

aahh, Mrs Legg, I knew the family well, she lived to a very good age, well into her 90's and quite fit I did stay school dinners my maiden name was Bown Grandparents were Frazers, The old house at the top of the road, by the garage was always very spooky, I used to run past it as a kid, I...
  9. L

I was actually born in Whitminster Avenue, My Grandparents lived in the same avenue, I was born i 1959 and I vaguely remember rambling around the fields and climbing around old rubble and foundations, in the 70's the area was turned into a running track for the local schools. I went to...
  10. L

Hercules Cycles

My mum worked at hecules in the 1950's I believe she was in a typing pool, Her name was valerie Will have to find out more
  11. L

Hello, I live in Berkswell Road, at present, I was born on the Kingsbury Road , My mother was born on the Kingsbury Road in 1937, her home and garden backed on to the playing fields as they are now, I have heard a few stories from my Grandmother about what went on in these fields during the...
  12. L

Bridge Street West

Hi there, I have noticed that you ae researching the name Garner, so am I. My Grandmothers maiden name was Violet Garner, born in Aston, in 1907 Lynda
  13. L

Victoria Road Aston

Good Morning Thank you for your reply, what years are you looking at, is it the Garner families you are remembering, there was a Violet, William, Lottie, Jossi, Ethel, Iris, and some other siblings I dont know there names yet. Lynda
  14. L

Vicarage Road.

This info helps tremendously. Thankyou, for all your help, Lynda
  15. L

Vicarage Road.

Thank you all so much for your help in this search. Would love to know how you go about getting this info as I thought we could only really go uo to 1911 with the census, Everyone has been on the right track and given me information to family members that are on my tree, but the most bugging...
Back