• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Ls48029

1. L

grave photograph? Lodge Hill

wanted to express gratitude again for the help I was given here, which gave me enough to source someone who was very kindly able to photograph the site for me. Enjoyment of participating in this fantastic community just keeps growing! Thansk again all, have a good weekend.
  2. L

Wow! Thank you both- had me worried about my reading skills for a moment there! I had only seen a map indicating a section 20 by the waiting room, it hadn't occurred to me there might be a 2nd hidden section 20 but given the mysterious tale I have been following of these individuals I should...
  3. L

Thank you very much indeed for your reply, that is very helpful. I have the plot informaiton for all three individuals who are burried in the same place, Emma Shalyer in 1931 (her name was Emma and burial record is for Emma but she was also known as Emily so if there is a marker it may read...
  4. L

hello, three of you replied with a thumbs up but im not sure if that may mean you are willing/able to assist me at all or if it was an indicaiton of your interest in the subject. Would you let me know if you are willing / if not, if you know of any better places to post this request or any...
  5. L

My apologies if this is an inappropriate request to make. I am not based anywhere near Birmingham but I would dearly love to retrieve a photograph of the grave of 3 people buried in the same plot. I do not know if the same headstone was used for all 3, the first died in the 1930s, the third in...
  6. L

Latimer Street - different address?

Burial records for relative in 1931 was 7 Back 23 Latimer Street, death certificate for one also expressed as 7 back 23 Latimer Street, the 1921 census records address of 7/23. The 1925 electoral register however, slap in the middle of these other data points, lists them (Shayler) at 23 then 7...
  7. L

Latimer Street Highbury Place & Irving Street The Limes

Thank you all for your thoughts on this. It has made things a lot clearer in terms of the 'flow of movement' of people. It sounds fair to say that while someone with a Latimer St address might have been technically in closer proximity to someone in an Irving Street address if they were based...
  8. L

My apologies for being unclear! the family were at two different addresses on Latimer, court 5 but also no7 at 23) and that court is much closer to the back of The Limes. It seems they moved about a bit, but never any great distance! However, either way we don’t think there was any...
  9. L

A quick question from one unfamiliar with the back to back layout but fascinated to learn more of my family history in Birmingham... the maps i have form the era I'm looking at (1900-30) don't give me much indication as to whether the back to backs on Latimer Street and Irving Street were...
  10. L

Hurst Street Doctors Surgery?

Thank you very much indeed!
  11. L

Hurst Street Doctors Surgery?

Hi there, I posted this under a different threat concerning buildings and got no repsonse, thought I might have a little more luck here! I am ooking ideall for photos, or any working knowledge, of a doctors surgery at 106-108 Hurst Street. In 1901 it was a Surgery run by Robert Wilson Taylor...
  12. L

106-108 Hurst Street Surgery - photos?

This is a long shot but does anyone have access to / ever seen photos of Hurst Street specifically around no 106? In 1901 it was a Surgery run by Robert Wilson Taylor Haddow, who had been in Birmingham (born in Scotland) for some years at that point and continued to be for some years after. I...
  13. L

FAVOURITE BOOK OF MEMOIRS OF 1900-1930s?

Hello everyone, firstly I would like to give my thanks as always for anyone who has helped me on a previous thread and anyone responding to this new line of enquiry. I was hoping to do some reading on life in the back to backs in the period 1900-1931, ideally memoirs. Has anyone read anything...
  14. L

School servicing Latimer Street in 1900-1910s?

thank you - I will let you know how I get on!
  15. L

School servicing Latimer Street in 1900-1910s?

Thank you all very much indeed, this is really interesting. I'll ask the question but with little hope atached iI dont suppose anyone knows if admissions registers for these schools still exist?
Back