• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by lozellskid

1. L

Heathfield Road Handsworth

Used to buy a glass of pop at the sweet shop next to the Villa Cross in the sixties. Lived in Anglesey st of the Lozells rd. Happy memories Saturday morning at the pictures Ray
  2. L

The Grove Off Villa Road Handsworth

Used to play in the Grove off Villa road with friends in the late 1960s. I believe schoolfriend Johnny Robbins lived there Ray
  3. L

Any old Brummies moved to the USA?

Lozells boy here. Been in Southern Calif for 36 years. Still go back to visit Family in Bham area every year. Love coming back. Up the Baggies Ray W
  4. L

My Lozells Family, ordinary lives, extraordinary people

Hello Lozells girl. I lived in Anglesey street from 1960 until 1975. I used to climb over the wall to enter Anglesey st school to play football with friends in the summer. My school was to St Francis in Brougham st and My parents met at Lucas Great King street Before Anglesey st we lived in...
  5. L

74 and 75 bus routes

Me too
  6. L

Newtown Aston

Thanks everyone. Where Hockley started and Lozells ended etc. was always somewhat of a guess to me. My parents both worked at Lucas Great King street. Was that Hockley or Newtown? I went to primary school at St Francis Brougham street. 45 years later I'm still not sure if it was in Lozells...
  7. L

Newtown Aston

Does anyone know when the name Newtown was first used? I grew up in Anglesey street in the sixties and seventies. I always sensed it was a'new' name for the area redeveloped between Nursery road going north to Towards Town Thanks
Back