• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Loulabelle

1. L

Crowthers Boutique

Soz Den, not been on this site for some time! I didn’t live in Manchester but out in the ‘sticks ‘ and commuted into town each day .
  2. L

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Lovely to see Crowthers here, allbeit the awnings covered with pigeon or starling droppings! I worked there 1971/2 but regular window cleaner visits kept it all clean and smart! The gold leaf sign writing on the windows was replaced during my time there as security alarms were fitted in the...
  3. L

Crowthers Boutique

I worked in Crowthers, Corporation Street in 1971-2 and yes it was indeed on the site of the hairdressers and before that Kardomah cafe. I loved it and the clothes- but I was a huge fan of Biba- which was our idea of heaven. It had taken over by a a Manchester family and we had a huge sale...
Back