• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by lostsoul

1. L

Mother and Baby home Moseley

Hi Wendy Yes it's a heartache hard to come to terms with. My cousin managed to obtain a copy of the birth certificate of his daughter but the fatal words "ADOPTED" were on it and that, as they say, was that. Whilst there are numerous contact & enquiry agencies, etc etc it does seem a pity that...
  2. L

Hi all My cousin fathered a child who was born at the Mother & Baby Home, Moseley in March 1965. As his affair with the mother had ceased sometime prior to the birth and that during this time he had been advised that the mother had terminated the pregnancy, it came as a bolt out of the blue...
  3. L

Clifton Road Aston

Hey-ho, I'm cracking up (again). Ralph Jones m.Minnie Martin & had 2 children Ralph FRANCIS & Beryl Margaret? I originally gave the middle name of FRANCIS to Ralph senior - what-a-mistake-a-to-make!
  4. L

Clifton Road Aston

Hi Judy - a brief update re. Jones family. Ralph Francis Jones m. Minnie Martin & had 2 children, Ralph b.1917 & Beryl Margaret b.1926 who married Thomas J.Tandy in 1949. Tom was b.1928 Birmingham & was the 4th of 7 children to Thomas Tandy & Margaret nee Bashforth. They had 3 girls, Sharman...
  5. L

Martin of Aston

Hi Jayell - I just picked up this thread. James Martin was living with his married sister Ellen Watts @ 205 Clifton Road in 1901. He was 27, unmarried, occupation cycle saddle maker. Census 2885;57;18;133. George was 25, unmarried & living @ parents address @ Gothic Terrace in 1901. Census...
  6. L

Chance Brothers: Research into this famous company

Hi Last Chance, I stumbled on this site by accident. For your info., my mother (Madge Jones) was the nursing sister in charge of Chance Bros medical centre, Spon Lane, Smethwick until her 2nd marriage in 1966 which was to Edwin (Ted) Richards who was a glass manager @ Spon Lane having sold his...
  7. L

Was this lady born March 1965?
  8. L

Hi chriswilshaw Were you @ The Grange in March 1965 & if so, did you know a 19 year old blonde girl named Wendy who had a baby girl named Kay towards the end of March?
  9. L

Were you there in March 1965 & if so, did you know a slim, blonde, 19 year old girl named Wendy who had a baby girl named Kay.
Back