• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by lorz

1. L

Definition of “Brummie”, “Astonian” etc

Well guys i don't know how you reminisce, but me, I need a bacon sandwich, blow - I have to wait for the bread n bacon to defrost, not when i was a kid, we could keep bread in a bread bin, or just on a shelf, n bacon, lived forever can;t remember where though, but it wasn't a fridge, we didn't...
  2. L

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

st benedicts lyndon green sheldon heath comp where r they Edit. Link to St Benedict's school read here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/st-benedicts-road-school-small-heath.47873/ Edit. Link to Sheldon Heath Comp thread here...
  3. L

I once said that to a good friend of mine, she was black i am white, i did not understand what i had said and bitterley regret it Jean xxx
  4. L

tip tops rule!!! rackhams, anyone remember Marshall & Snelgroves Hair by Steiner lol
  5. L

Items that have faded away

Cremola like semolina but with a lovely vanilla taste if i remember right, you can get the recipe on the net, YUM!!!!!!!!! yet another product gone at the decision of its makers, it was 11 halfpenny i loved it, mom used to feed me with it when i was ill. Anothe old favourite, toast on the end...
  6. L

Birmingham some of us always want to leave, but we don't never let go!!

:):cool: Hi fellow Brummies, I love this site and have lots of questions, and nostalgia!!! St Benedicts Road Infant School 1957, anyone recall Miss Quinn the headmistress or the math teacher Miss Cleesby, boy we did not like each other. she scared me. bottles of free milk and icy playgrounds...
  7. L

No 8 Bus Route

Re: Bus Routes have internet have no life BUT yes but we would not all be enjoying this ride of nostalga without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. L

Birmingham Hippodrome

The grumbleweeds r they still going, the castaways and La Dolce Vita i worked there r they still there? Freddie what can anyone say about him thats printable RIP!! Have not been back to Brum for about 20 years, find this site so interesting.
  9. L

Rag Market

hi don't mean to pry, just nice to know hu i am talking to, same 4 u i guess
  10. L

Rag Market

hi sistersue where r u based?
  11. L

Rag Market

ok girls, enjoy the old markets its one of the things we give up her
  12. L

Rag Market

I was taken there by mom, and I loved it, such a treat, small stalls with, beads, frilly dresses, you nme it it was there, shame we don't have those places these days. all full of electronics and no culture!!!!!!!!!!
Back