• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

loisand's latest activity

• L
    loisand replied to the thread Eureka Dairy.
    Well Ive been able to connect all the dots on this one.....David Phillip Jones, born 1867 Carmathen, Wales, is the father of Elizabeth...
  • L
    loisand reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Eureka Dairy with Appreciate Appreciate.
    David jones dairy is listed in the 1908 Kellys, which would probably refer to 1907, but there is no listing for the building in the 1904...
  • L
    Wow, thank you, so am now wondering, my great uncle was perhaps living there, because that's the address I have discovered in an address...
  • L
    loisand reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Eureka Dairy with Appreciate Appreciate.
    David Jones was 78 when he died, and may well have stayed on at the premises after retiring. Here is the 1945 published map and the...
  • L
    loisand reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Eureka Dairy with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Should add that online registers do not cover every year. David Jones is there 1930, and the next online where he is absent, and...
  • L
    loisand posted the thread Queens Hospital in Hospitals.
    Am I right in thinking that the attached postcard of Queens Chapel was part of QE hospital before the new one was built, thankyou
    • IMG_20200419_1241238_rewind_kindlephoto-10936610.jpg
  • L
    According to the electoral register, it was occupied by David Phillip Jones till 1930, and then by Frederick Sydney Webster till 1947
  • L
    Haha you may regret saying that, I have stacks of them, I will sort them from Birmingham area and Welsh area, my great grandfather was a...
  • L
    loisand reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread The Lad In The Lane The Green Man with Appreciate Appreciate.
    If you need help with locations of your photos Lois (if you think they’re Birmingham-related) I’m sure members would love to help. We...
  • L
    loisand reacted to Frothblower's post in the thread The Lad In The Lane The Green Man with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thank you.
  • L
    Thank you
  • L
    loisand reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Eureka Dairy with Appreciate Appreciate.
    May have been a dairy and confectioners shop at 436 Victoria Road and owned by Jones. Noted that David Jones died at that address in 1944.
  • L
    Hi, you certainly can use it, it's amongst a pile of photos from my parents that I'm slowly going through (which came from my great...
  • L
    loisand reacted to Frothblower's post in the thread The Lad In The Lane The Green Man with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Wow! Thought I had most photos of the Lad. I would like to use this photo if that's okay? You can see more about the Lad In The Lane on...
  • L
    loisand reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread The Lad In The Lane The Green Man with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Here’s a thread Lois. Shall move these posts to that thread. Viv...