• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lloyd's latest activity

• Lloyd
    Lloyd replied to the thread Sweets We Used To Have.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stockleys-Troach-Drops-Aniseed-With-Treacle-Boiled-Sweets-500g/223956955571?hash=item3424dff1b3:g:A-0AAOSwVPBe...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to DavidGrain's post in the thread See Birmingham by Post Card with Appreciate Appreciate.
    It looks as if it is the same tree. At least they did keep the trees unlike many of our main roads in Birmingham. I presumed that the...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to sospiri's post in the thread See Birmingham by Post Card with Appreciate Appreciate.
    That tree badly needs a heavy prune - it's not really a suitable tree for that position. Maurice :cool:
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Elmdon Airport with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Can’t say the residents of Coventry Road would be too pleased though. Viv. Source: British Newspaper Archives
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread Where is this? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Lloyd Thank you M'Lud Pedro Thank You I realise now that in my earlier years and even to-day, I have been and still am a bit of a...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd replied to the thread Where is this?.
    "In everyday language, puffery refers to exaggerated or false praise. In law, puffery is a promotional statement or claim that expresses...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to carolina's post in the thread Where is this? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    1937 Before the trees were cut down.
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Where is this? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Spiceal Street mentioned in the Birmingham Journal June 1838... ,
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd replied to the thread Centenary Square development 2020.
    Just looked through the photos of Birmingham centre and how its changed since the last time I was there. *cries* What happened to the...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd replied to the thread Hobbies 2020.
    Mine is restoring old buses!
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread 11 Plus Exams with Haha Haha.
    I passed the 11+ and eventually went on to university. Pedro, Birmingham (reading gas meters)
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd replied to the thread Telephone scams 2020.
    "How are you today?" always gets my reply "Bloody awful actually, the haemorrhoids are really playing me up at the moment." There's...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread Telephone scams 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Funny story on scam calls, my wife gets the Amazon one at least three times a day, Microsoft twice a week and HMRC coming to arrest her...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to Penns's post in the thread Telephone scams 2020 with Haha Haha.
    I had a phone call asking me if I had been in a car accident, " I said "yes I recently have had a very serious accident and I was...
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Telephone scams 2020 with Haha Haha.
    A woman phoned me and said, “Come on over. There’s nobody home.” I went over. Nobody was home!:D