• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by lisa cotterrell

1. L

Raised by Nuns??

I don't really have anything of use to add I don't think, but would just like to say that my father was raised by Nuns in Moseley in the 1920's - 30's (now a working mens club I think), this was mainly boys but there were a few girls he remembers, he has very good memories of his childhood, his...
  2. L

Wilcox

Dont know if anyone can help, or maybe suggest where I can go next. I have traced my Grandmother to Mansfield, Nottingham - where she and her husband died. I am now trying to find out where they lived in around 1945 - 55 (presuming its Mansfield) would anyone have access to electoral rolls...
  3. L

Albutt Family

Hi again Just had a wonderful telephone call, from Minnie Wood's daughter (so my Dads cousin) (I wrote some random letters to Dublin that came up trumps!) and although she knows nothing of Ruby apart from her existence, which is frustrating but expected, she told me that Nellie was close to...
  4. L

Albutt Family

Also, sorry typed birth year wrong, should be 1889 not 1899.
  5. L

Albutt Family

Hi there I got the information off a family tree on ancestry.co.uk put on there by 'Minnies' family, which I am sure are the right Minnie as all other names etc on the family tree are right. Maybe they have got the wrong Nellie Norris (they do appear to have the wrong Ruby) I have Nellie on...
  6. L

Albutt Family

Thanks Macca Was sure it would be in Birmingham, but you never know I guess. I am trying to contact the owner of the family tree on ancestry (Minnie's family - dont know if you remember me trying to track her down to! She did go to Ireland and it was there I got the information from, if I...
  7. L

Albutt Family

Can anyone help. I am trying to find a Nellie Norris, who I have been told married an Albutt in Birmingham (she was born around 1899) I know she was not married by 1911 as I have the census for the family. I cant find a marriage or a death for her on Ancestry. Any help or advice would be...
  8. L

Albutt Family

Hello Carol I dont know if you (or anyone else) can help me. I am researching my Dads family and am looking for a Nellie Norris, born around 1889, who apparently married an Albutt in Birmingham. Any information would be reall great. Lisa
  9. L

wilcox, james

yes thank you we have that but thats the last info we can find for ruby norris/wilcox. Anything else would be great. :)
  10. L

wilcox, james

looking for info on james alfred wilcox, married 1927 aged 31 to ruby norris, lived Cambridge Street, father James Wilcox. really grateful of any possible information. Lisa
  11. L

Burial of Dorothy Spaull or Hall ne: Norris

I am trying to find the grave of my great aunt (sounds funny - up until a few months ago I had no known family on my Dads side). She was born Dorothy Norris in Ireland, the family moved to India where my Great Uncle and Grandmother (Ruby Wilcox ne: Norris) were born, then back to Birmingham...
  12. L

Marriage info

Hi there I am no expert on all this but in my limited time doing this I have found the only way to get more information is to apply for a copy of the marriage certificate. Good luck Lisa
  13. L

Wesleyan Church - Cumberland Street

just a note to anyone who took the time to help with this post. We eventually found out that my great grandfather was Wesleyan, but was almost certainly buried at St Thomas Bath Row, which was bombed in ww2, all remains were removed and put in un-named catacombs at Key Hill Cemetary. Nice they...
  14. L

HI Thanks for all the help, I found out that although my great grandfather was wesleyan, he was buried at St Thomas's on Bath Row, so is now in a catacomb in Warstone cemetary, in with everyone else from the grave yard with no names recorded which is a bit of a shame. still at least we know...
  15. L

Hi Macca Thanks for that, had a quick look but will have to go into more detail when I get time as I havent a clue where any of the churches or burial grounds are. All I know is they lived in cumberland street, so guessing it is going to be fairly close to that, but who knows. Thank you...
Back