• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by lindyloo

1. lindyloo

Sheldon

Hi jukebox, The Music Box was 2327 Coventry Road in 1959.. I dont recall a Music Shop in the row of shops that you described.. but I can try and check. What year range would that have been ?
  2. lindyloo

Sheldon

Hi badpenny, regarding your query about the Italian restaurant, it is still there but it has been altered building wise and is now La Caverna Restaurant and Hotel.. as far as I know it is no longer run by the people that were there for many years. I believe those people now have an Italian...
  3. lindyloo

Sheldon

Hi oldsheldonian, badpenny, mikejee and Astoness, Sorry for the delay in replying.. Thank you all so much for your help with the Sheldona and The Ship, it is most appreciated. When I looked at these a long time ago, I had decided that the Sheldona Cafe was by the Wheatsheaf but I hadn't worked...
  4. lindyloo

Sheldon

Hi oldsheldonian, badpenny and mikejee :) Thank you all so much for your replies, I will sit and study them and reply later, but meantime, here is a picture of The Sheldona Cafe.
  5. lindyloo

Sheldon

Hi oldsheldonian, I'm not sure if we get notified either, but I have had problems with my emails today, so I haven't looked, however, Ive kept this thread open and updated on my pc to look for a reply :) this is the first opportunity Ive had to reply though. Thank you for your wonderful...
  6. lindyloo

Sheldon

Hi oldsheldonian, Thank you so much for posting your wonderful pictures !! especially the last two which I have not seen before. I have always wondered what the Coventry Road looked like before the precinct was built, and your last photo helps tremendously. I wonder if you could help with a...
  7. lindyloo

Yardley Road School Marlborough Road School

Sorry for the delay in spotting your post Vivienne... Thank You so much for sharing the wonderful photograph.. it is most appreciated. Would you mind if I took a copy of it ?
  8. lindyloo

Gt Grandad lived bk of 408 Coventry Road in 1901

Hi bhatti, Sorry for the delay in replying, Yes, Victoria Park is Small Heath Park as far as I know.
  9. lindyloo

Northwood Street Track

Kelly Directory 1908, 1915 and 1940, Hyde Bros. & Timings, galvanizers &c 1899, Hyde Bros, iron plate workers
  10. lindyloo

Midland Red Around Birmingham.

Hi, I'm not sure if I have this in the right context, but I saw this a couple of weeks ago in Sheldon, I was so pleased that I managed to get my phone out in time to take the shot. It brought back many memories of travelling too and from my Nan and Grandads in Rubery many years ago.
  11. lindyloo

Pinfold House Mansfield Road Yardley

It's been a while since this was last commented on, but I actually looked up P A Leonard today, he was in the Kelly's Directory of 1940 Mansfield Road, a Motor Engineer. The P stood for Percy.
  12. lindyloo

Coventry Road, Small Heath

Hi SteveBland, this may be totally irrelevent to what you are looking for, but the area you have on the map looks like somewhere I looked into sometime back. The area was called Spring Vale and you can see information on these threads...
  13. lindyloo

Denton Grove Stechford Revisited

Hi Alan, I have no memories of the Grove, but I do know Mr Pedlingham that lived there, he is a relative of mine.
  14. lindyloo

Ideal Cafe, Coventry Road

Thanks Janice, I have noticed that too on some lists, but on the 1911 census "List" it is listed nextdoor but one to Rylands Farm which was before the Churches going up towards Oldknow Road.
  15. lindyloo

Ideal Cafe, Coventry Road

Hi mikejee, well I'm baffled now because I could have sworn I found it in the 1908, but I can't find it now and have checked the other years I have access too. But it is definitely on the "List" for 1911 under the name Lane and the couple were listed twice in the 1911 as they were at 865...
Back