• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by LindyB65

1. L

Upper Sutton Street

Thank you very much Linda
  2. L

Upper Sutton Street

Thank you for these , I am really interested in my family history my dad passed away in 2016 at 94 years old but he talked a lot about the shop as he used to help out his brother Jim and I believe they had a horse called Dolly when they did there delivery round. My dad was Reg Hunt and was born...
  3. L

Upper Sutton Street

My uncle Jim had his grocer's shop on Upper sutton Street ,I think one of the photos is his shop. His name was James Arthur Hunt . We lived on Clifton Road at 154 until the house was knocked down we left in 1969 and moved to Quinton. I was only 4 so don't really remember Aston Linda
  4. L

Key Hill Cemetery Memorial Inscriptions

Thank you Wendy that is probably the one Lindy
  5. L

Baptism Look up please for Jane Maud 1808

Thank you for looking
  6. L

Key Hill Cemetery Memorial Inscriptions

Could you please look to see if there is a inscription for Alice Amy Burford who died in 1912 Many thanks Lindy
  7. L

Baptism Look up please for Jane Maud 1808

Would be most grateful if you could look up this baptism record Thank you Lindy
  8. L

Baptism Look up please for Sarah Martha Miles 1842

Would you please be kind enough to look up this baptism record Many thanks Lindy
  9. L

Hunt family ELECTORAL ROLL

Re: ELECTORAL ROLL Hunt family https://www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/index.html
  10. L

Re: ELECTORAL ROLL Hunt family Thank you it has been most useful and i am grateful for your help. Lindy
  11. L

Re: ELECTORAL ROLL Hunt family thank you if you find out anything else i would be most grateful Lindy
  12. L

I am trying to find out where my grandad lived after the 1911 census and for how long. His name is James Hunt born 1842 and his wife Elizabeth(Betsy)1840 lived in Carver Street Birmingham. I have found a couple of death records but am not sure if they are the correct ones and cannot afford to...
  13. L

Harper

I am looking for Harpers too,Jack Harper and Brian Harper who changed their surname to London and were Boxers,they are connected to my family somewhere and believe are cousins of my grandfather James Hunt,i know that Brian London lives in blackpool and had a very sucessful career as a Boxer has...
  14. L

Pype Hayes Estate

My nan lived at 141 Pype Hayes road up until 1981 when she passed away ,she moved there from Hunters Vale Hockley in the 1930's i believe.I spent many a happy time there during my childhood,i last visted there in late 1990s to have a look around and was suprised to see my nans house was the only...
Back