• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by lindaparry19

1. L

Brandwood End Cemetery

i think so to went to st josephs in necells to look for a mcglynn & hands no luck & know one to ask regards linda
  2. L

Brandwood End Cemetery

i think it is terrible how birmingham let all the chapels go so neglected trying to find grave stones it a joke all smashed up can't find any i want as i am doing my family tree.
  3. L

Yates family

my sister married a stanley william yates he was a bus driver at coventy road garage he dad 2 sisters ethel & i can't think or the other 1 look on genes reunited at a tree for yates it may help
  4. L

Lucas Shaftmoor Lane Branch Works 3

hi jackie i worked at bw3 cranmore boulevard for about 13 year till the 80s there was a forman named dennis parkes fat balled nasty man he called us all by our last name he was in the army & said if plan a dose not work you will do plan b would love to know if he is still with us or not please .
  5. L

See Birmingham by Post Card

nice pick stitcher thanks
  6. L

Balsall Heath.

hi just read your memories about longmore st some of my family lived in longmore street they were gibbson paul john a girl & a young boy who fell from in side a house roof he was 11 his name was robert a very nice boy he was playing in the houses being pulled down so sad
  7. L

VE Day on Arlington Road, Yardley wood

i went over to berry mound we also went to the sand pits we played on old oil tanks from big lorries & back across the pit for hr happy days
  8. L

hopkins david

Re: david hopkins my mother was jesse hopkins sister rose so we are related phoned erick & winnie last week to say i have done the family tree he said she had died 2 or 3 years ago if you go to my parry family tree ansestry as a vistor you can see it you will love it & fill in what i don't know
  9. L

VE Day on Arlington Road, Yardley wood

i remember it well i went to that school i was born in gorleston road & ad lots of friends in arlington road but its to small can't you blow it up for us old 1s please
  10. L

childrens games

we played polly on the mop stick it was good fun happy days in brum regard linda
  11. L

nice picks regars linda
  12. L

hopkins david

Re: david hopkins my father name was alfred parry my mother was rose our grandmothers sister sorry just got my lap top back
  13. L

i remember that lol regards linda
  14. L

hi motorman nice pick have you any more ? regards linda
  15. L

i am a 1941 baby and it's always been in broad street linda
Back