• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by lesg128

1. L

elizabeth chamberlain 1899

MWS Re- Neville Chamberlain was Prime Minister of Gt Britain in 1939 and signed the agreement with Hitler not to invade Poland. Therefore we wnt to war. 1939 - 1945 I understand that the Chamberlain Family lived in Birmingham England! Les Green
  2. L

Astoness. Re:- Elizabeth Chamberlain may have been called ' Betsy' Many thanks for your swift reply. I believe she had a brother called George Chamberlain who may have lived in Ashted, Birmingham. Hope that helps Les Green
  3. L

would like to trace elizabeth chamberlain born birmingham. was her father neville chamberlain. thank you les green
  4. L

Reuben James Giles Born 1895 Aston

To MWS and Brasscaster Many many thanks for the information you have supplied me with about Reuben James Giles. It all fits together with Family information and a photograh of Reuben as a soldier where he obviously has spurs and a riding stick. The rest all fits together. Thank you once again I...
  5. L

Reuben James Giles Born 1895 Aston

Hi Can anyone help me wth a problem concerning the above The family has a picture of Reuben James Giles dressed in WW1 Uniform I have searched records and I find that he was born in Aston Jun 1895. His mother may have been Fanny Giles nee Dipple Born 1874 Bromsgrove his father maybe Frederick...
  6. L

Coleshill Terrace Saltley Little Hamlet

MWS Thanks once again for your rapid response. About the mistake on where to direct my enquiry to. Thanks fo redirecting! The information you gave me about my Gt Grandparents proved interesting as I have Gt Grandmother Sarah Mewis I see that she must have been a Sarah Ann Mewis. Your...
  7. L

Coleshill Terrace Saltley Little Hamlet

Hello again Everyone. I am tracing the birthplace of my Family and believe that I discovered they were at one time living in Coleshill. I found this information in the 1841 census several years ago and it seemed that Coleshill came under Little Hamlet Saltley. I think it comprised just a number...
  8. L

Leslie Joseph Green B1912 Aston, Warwickshire ,England

Hello Alberta Many thanks for the additional information. Very much appeciated. I am a little concerned about the age of Leslie Joseph as given in the 1939 Register. Leslie Joseph is given B1912 in 1939 and seems to give his age as 24. But I think this should be 27 am I misreading the...
  9. L

MWS Thanks for your extemely rapid reply. This sounds very positive Leslie Green:)
  10. L

Hi Everyone. I am trying to find any information on Leslie Joseph Green b1912 - 1913 in Aston,Birmingham. Can anyone assist me? Many thanks Leslie Green
  11. L

Cathcart Street

hi again gerald Sorry if this may seem disjointed.First the Dr did not dispense ani-biotics for my tooth problem. Said my bodies natural defences would take care of it! Gave me some stronger painkillers and told me to come back in a couple of weeks. He disputes the dentists findings. So...
  12. L

Cathcart Street

13. L

Cathcart Street

Hi gardenergerald What a tremendous coincidence we both lived in 47 Cathcart street. If you like we can also email each other with anything we feel is personal.
  14. L

Cathcart Street

Hi Gerald Your info on your private life is astounding I am just a bit concerned about it being freely available!!
  15. L

Cathcart Street

Hello Gerald Sorry I' ve just been to the dentist so I might be writing a bit funny.HaHa. Had a raging pain which seemed like toothache but good news? Its not a bad tooth but some kind of infection in the lymph glands on the side of my face. Going to the 'quack' tonight for anti biotics. So...
Back