• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Les Will

1. L

Re: ‘Forgotten Brummies: the men and women who shaped today’s Birmingham, who are now largely forgotten’

Thanks Pedrocut, it seems Baskerville House attracted those with an inventive, curious and scientific frame of mind, like the eponymous original owner himself!
  2. L

John Rogers

Hi Lyn Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I was amazed to find out such facts about so many people who were largely unknown to me, although I have lived here all my life and felt I was well-informed about my home city. There are many more who could also qualify for bringing to everyone's...
  3. L

John Rogers

I have included the life of John Rogers in my book published last week, called 'Forgotten Brummies'. I became interested in the local history of Birmingham at first through the blue plaques erected in Birmingham which commemorate significant figures from the history of the city. This developed...
  4. L

Re: ‘Forgotten Brummies: the men and women who shaped today’s Birmingham, who are now largely forgotten’

Dear All I wanted to bring to your attention the publication of my book in November 2021. Since retiring from the NHS full time, I became interested in the local history of Birmingham at first through the blue plaques erected in Birmingham which commemorate significant figures from the history...
  5. L

John Rogers

Hi Viv and Lyn, Thanks to your detective work, I have been able to track down the bust. It's in Aston Parish Church, properly called the Church of St Peter and St Paul, in Witton Lane, B6 6QA. I found pictures and a description at this website: www.speel.me.uk/sculptplaces/bhamaston.htm if you...
Back