• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by kooglescriber65

1. K

WILDEN- Summer Lane

Hi Superdad3, unfortunately the family is named WILDEN and not WALDEN. I have not seen " Newtown & Summer Lane" but would be interested in it.
  2. K

WILDEN- Summer Lane

I would like to say a huge 'THANK YOU' to Astoness, Mikejee and Sospiri for their help with photo's, maps and electoral roll info on my request for info on the Wilden family who lived in Summer Lane. I produced what turned out to be a 48 page book of memories of Summer Lane for my friend who...
  3. K

Barlows of Birmingham

I'm afraid that name doesn't ring a bell. Guy's who's names I do remember were: Len Field ( my tutor) John Chiltern, Ron Williams, Wilf Dixon, Harold Richards ( stores) Don ? Eddie ? Clive Wilson, Kirt Kowaski or something like that ,Roy?
  4. K

Barlows of Birmingham

Hi all, I am looking to find any info and photo's of an office equipment company based in Edmund st. in the 1960's names BARLOWS OF BIRMINGHAM. I went straight from school as a trainee typewriter mechanic there. I loved going around Birmingham in my little yellow mini van and had 6 happy years...
  5. K

darby Joseph (jumping jack).

There is a small exhibition in the Dudley archives of Joseph Darby with two of his belts he won and other artefacts relating to him.
  6. K

Guildford Street Lozells

In the 1861 census William Derrington & Sarah lived at No. 3 Eden Place. Also a John Derrington & Mary Ann Derrington lived at No. 2 Eden place and that is all I have.
  7. K

Guildford Street Lozells

Does anyone have any info on the Derrington families who lived in Eden Place Guilford St?
  8. K

Derringtons brick makers

Hi Bojalu, Thank you for sending the pictures of the memorial in the rose garden, I have these and have visited a few times. There is a picture of Josiah Derrington in the Birmingham Library in the Stone Collection in the archive section on 4th floor. Kind Regards
  9. K

Guildford Street Lozells

Hi Michael, Thank you for the map & pic of your sister. The map is interesting as I didn't know where the house was situated and seeing a part of it in the photo is great. Again many thanks. Jim
  10. K

Guildford Street Lozells

Hi Michael, My great great grandfather was named William & Sarah Derrington who lived in No. 3 Eden Place also John Derrington and family who lived in No 2. in the 1861 census, I would love to get a photo of these two properties. Regards Jim
  11. K

Guildford Street Lozells

Thank you Chris, I agree with you.
  12. K

Guildford Street Lozells

Hi Michael, many thanks for your photos all of which I can see. I think you are right in assuming the links and attachments I couldn't open must have been dur to the hackers.
  13. K

Guildford Street Lozells

Hi, I have been tracing my family and found that my great great grandfather used to live in Eden Place Guildford st in 1861, reading some of the posts on Guildford street I see you have some photos which I would love to see. I am having trouble opening any of the attachments posted but can see...
  14. K

Derringtons brick makers

Hi Astonian, Any luck with the photos of the Derrington brick yard?
  15. K

Derringtons brick makers

Hi Neil, thumbnail of Edwin Henry Derrington. It's my first attempt to send a photo via the forum. I'm still learning. Jim
Back