• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by KJB

1. K

Edith Holden

Re: Some great men of Birmingham.. Hello Dennis, thank you for your reply - and comments. I'm guessing you now have a copy of The Edwardian Afterlife Diary of Emma Holden ? Either way - glad you like it, As it turns out, the paperbacks have nearly all gone ! Am working hard on the e-book...
  2. K

Book: Messages from the Unseen - Edwardian afterlife diary of Emma Holden

Hi Berniew, yes that's it... The Arthur Holden Works is still there...he started the firm in the 1860's on Bradford Street. The current firm were kind enough to help me with my research...they have a portrait of Arthur on their reception wall ! It's great to see his name still emblazoned over...
  3. K

Edith Holden

Re: Some great men of Birmingham.. Re: Edith Holden & family... Hello Dennis, I know this was an old post - but I had to respond... I have been studying the Holden family for some time now, and found most of the information online is repeated - and often with inaccuracies. Ina Taylor's...
  4. K

Book: Messages from the Unseen - Edwardian afterlife diary of Emma Holden

Hi all, sorry for the long post - but I thought some members might be interested in a new book...by me ! Recently I've been studying Birmingham's celebrated Holden family and the life of Edith Holden - and discovered details of a hidden side to them, which is not generally publicised...
Back