• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Kevkonk

1. Kevkonk

Mr Dixie, pub singer

One of my neighbours used to be a pub singer in the 60s and I wondered if anybody else can remember him. I remember him singing ‘You Can’t be true to Two ’ once in the Royal Oak in Erdington one Sunday afternoon.
  2. Kevkonk

summer lane morgue

3. Kevkonk

kirby

Did any Kirbys marry into Moore family?
  4. Kevkonk

kirby

Were there any Kirbys called Sheila?
  5. Kevkonk

kirby

I am not sure, but there was a family, who may be connected, I knew their son, who was sadly killed in an incident / at the Boers Head pub in the 80s.
  6. Kevkonk

kirby

Probably have, but I think we had somebody from the Kirby family live near us in the 60s and 70s in Perry Common, but it may have been Kirkby.... or different spelling, but this person used a different surname for certain reasons..
  7. Kevkonk

kirby

Really, can you explain more please, interesting
  8. Kevkonk

Great Uncle who served in WW1

I wondered if there was a way to find out any information on my great uncle who was a soldier in WW1. Anything about his life in general as I was told many times I was like him. I note that we are nearing the June 28th 1914 Assassination anniversar. I did some googling and know that he was...
  9. Kevkonk

Spencer, living in Gravelly Lane / Somerset Rd area

Looking for a connection with my family with this surname living the Gravelly La, Somerset Rd area around late 1950’s.
  10. Kevkonk

Nechells

Interesting Newtons information from WW2 - https://www.staffshomeguard.co.uk/DotherReminiscences38Astaffshg.htm
  11. Kevkonk

GEC WITTON WORKS

Hi,I just noticed your comment. I knew a lady who worked at the GEC who had a stepbrother who also worked there as an accountant
  12. Kevkonk

Witton Cemetry

Hello all, Just mentioning I had to arrange a funeral very recently where there was a family plot unused since 1942/3, there was a charge of £1156 to open the grave etc, is this normal, how much would a new plot have cost elsewhere, just wondering.......
  13. Kevkonk

Mudd

Thank you Alberta, I was trying to also find out if there were any living relatives descendants of Vera, I had an inkling that Florence Rose Eales had sisters, one of whom may have emigrated. Her father had one son from a previous marriage. Trying to sort out Vera's situation.
  14. Kevkonk

Mudd

Anymore information available?
  15. Kevkonk

Old street pics..

Just looking at the Gravelly Lane photo, is that really Station Rd on the left?