• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by KEVIN GS

1. K

B J Bannings Another one gone

Sad news B J Bannings Lichfield Road Aston called it a day last month and closes after 85 years trading in the area. I worked for them for 30 + years and will miss them very much as will their loyal and many customers.
  2. K

St Margarets Hospital - Great Barr

Hi coldplay78 In answer to your query about St Margarets Hospital I myself was and still am sure there was something unnatural at St Margarets. To many staff had unexplained events to relate as regards physical sightings and feelings some of wich were related to me at the time along with one of...
  3. K

Hello again all and thank you Wendy for your comments Now I wonder if anybody can help me with a problem that has driven me crazy since the seventies relating to what I was told by various members of staff at St Margarets and it involves murder. Apparently some of the patients (depending on...
  4. K

Hi there friends This will be my second attenpt to type this, hope this one does not vanish from my screen before I finish. As I mentioned I worked as a porter at St Margarets Hospital during 1972/3 and even though I did not look forward to working there having lost my driving licence (pride you...
  5. K

Dear Nick I was in contact with you quite a few moons ago about when I worked at St Margarets Hospital over a period of six to eight months during the years 1972/73 and still have vivid memories of my time there. It is one place that I would not like to live, having seen and heard some of the...
  6. K

Brummie Ghosts

Hi Big Gee Yes the Scott family were owners of Great Barr Hall along with a few others a various times although I think one of them lost the lot and onother got it all back after a period of time. Some of the Hall is still standing just, if you do a search on the web for Great Barr Hall you...
  7. K

Brummie Ghosts

Hello all Ghosts well ? Having lived and played around this area (streetly,pheasy etc ) for nearly fifty odd years I can still remember when I was a paper boy having to cover one of the other lads rounds as he was ill. This round covered hundred acre estate and there was a standing joke...
Back