• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by kaz

1. K

Bracebridge Street

Good to know - thanks Mike but Definitely not my family then so i presume they moved on - mine were Parr's with a Cattell in the later yr (great- aunt Cissie)
  2. K

Bracebridge Street

I can't believe that i missed all this lovely info on Bracebridge. Such interesting photos!! My Great grandfather and family lived at no. 75. I have them there from 1920 to 1939 - no idea if they were still there after that though.....
  3. K

William Noon-Greenwich Pensioner?

Paul, Thank you so much for all the information - I will try and compose a letter over the holidays and see if i can get any further:) Happy Holidays, Kaz
  4. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway Actually i've just had a look on Ancestry and there is someone researching the family - maybe you want to get in touch??
  5. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway Maybe this is your Emma Amelia Births Sep 1881 WALKER Emma Amelia Stourbridge 6c 150
  6. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway Potential Birth: Births Sep 1876 Holloway Phil_non Stourbridge 6c 167 But a death: Deaths Sep 1876 HOLLOWAY Philemon 0 Stourbridge 6c 76 Births Jun 1881 HOLLOWAY Philemon Stourbridge 6c 155 Philemon Holloway Death Registration Month/Year...
  7. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway I actually wonder if this is your chappie: Marriages Dec 1900 Cartwright Elizabeth Stourbridge 6c 325 Hadley Arthur Stourbridge 6c 325 ***Holloway Philemon Stourbridge 6c 325 ***Walker Emma Amelia Stourbridge 6c 325
  8. K

Paul - just found in my notes that he was indeed in the Royal Marines. Does this make it easier to track him down - and would his career still have been "illustrious"? Many thanks
  9. K

I can't really see my guy having a "glorious career" but i could be wrong,lol
  10. K

Hello, Does anyone know how a chap(an ag lab) born in Dunchurch 1793, ends up doing service in Devon? Was there a connection between Warwickshire and Devon? I know he was a private and then a corporal - thanks to the Baptism records for his children - and that he was noted as a Greenwich...
  11. K

DANDO Amelia & Frederick

Re: Amelia & Frederick DANDO Possible child: William P Dando Mother's Maiden Surname: Dingley Date of Registration: Jul Aug Sep 1948 Registration district: Birmingham Registration county: Warwickshire Volume Number: 9c Page Number: 843
  12. K

Electoral Roll look up please

Posibbly Robert A Skivington b 1951 married Elizabeth Ap Nock in 1977 Yorkshire James A Skivington born 1946 may have died in 1947
  13. K

Electoral Roll look up please

Hi Shortie, You mentioned that you knew of Doris' sons but not their marriages. I found this one for you..i think: Jerome A C Skivington Mother's Maiden Surname: Rowland Date of Registration: Oct Nov Dec 1948 Registration district: Birmingham Registration county: Warwickshire Volume Number: 9c...
  14. K

Killed by one of the first motor vehicles...c1911

Hi Bob, Oh I'm so sorry about your Grandmother. I kind of thought it should have appeared in the papers but nice to have someone else confirm it too -having said that i'm sorry it was due to personal experience. Unfortunately i won't be able to visit myself...i'm in Canada...but will put on my...
  15. K

Burley Benjamin Ship lists

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~sooty/Passenger%20Lists%20to%20NZFrame1Source1.htm Also for some nz lists