• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Katrina

1. K

H.P Sauce Birmingham

We used to live near there and my school was also nearby. The stench used to be awful.................
  2. K

D.N.A. TESTING

I tested my DNA with Ancestry because I have a total brick wall with my dad's side of the family. I know my paternal grandmother was Rosina Showell (from the Birmingham brewers the Showells} but all I know of my paternal grandfather James Frederick Edwards is he was born in Westminster and his...
  3. K

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

I have recently been told that the Royal Warwickshire Regimental museum has been moved from St Johns in Warwick to the registrars building in Warwick for those who are doing research............
  4. K

Hi Pauline I have the will. If you email me on [email protected] I will send it to you rather than via the forum for privacy.
  5. K

I have attached his medal files.
  6. K

Hi Pauline Do you have his soldiers will? I have found a copy, just waiting for it to be downloaded if you want it? Also details from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission and the medals he was awarded. I have tried looking for him on the National War Role with no joy I am afraid.....
  7. K

Hi Paul Have you looked on Ancestry? There are several mentions of a Bertram Brittle on there. St Johns were very helpful when I was looking for info on my grandfather who was also in the regiment.
  8. K

Canal boat operators used by Showells Brewery/ Langley malting

Hi Charles Could you email me please so we can share family information [email protected] I would love to hear from you. Interestingly this forum held its Christmas get together at the pub which is in Price Street. I am not sure how long it will exist for now the current landlady...
  9. K

showell's brewery

Hi, thank you for the info about the brewery. I have been so busy with work lately I haven't had time to any research................. Must take a potter over to Langley Green to have a look.
  10. K

H.P Sauce Birmingham

My parents ran the Eagle pub just round the corner from the HP factory so I grew up with the smell of the sauce as I went to school each day. Cannot remember the name of the school though but think it was girls only?? (It was a long time ago...). Memories of mum and dad going to the market on...
  11. K

Old street pics..

Many thanks for your prompt reply Phil. There was certainly a distinctive smell from the factory, does anyone else remember it?? The Cross Keys was a pub that my dad ran but that might have been nearer to the Bull Ring. But he also at one point ran a pub at Cross Keys it might have been The...
  12. K

Old street pics..

Is there a Cross Keys pub in the old map?
  13. K

Old street pics..

I am sure I remember Aston Cross from my childhood but seem also to remember the smell of the brown sauce factory. Wasn't that nearby??
  14. K

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Hi Anita Do you have any pictures of Inkerman Street in Aston please? Katrina
  15. K

BhF Christmas Meet 2014 On the Day

Ken and I had a great time at the meet, lovely to put names to faces. Great food, great company. Many thanks to Lynn for organising it. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy & peaceful new year.
Back