• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Kate1992

1. K

Corkhill 55 steward street ladywood

I don't know honestly he must have been an unemployed waste of space that managed to somehow catch the eye of a lady from France. I do apologise for coming on here to ask for help I didn't realise this wasn't a place for help. I won't bother you again. I did just screenshot all of my dna matches...
  2. K

After a bit more digging on thomas Aston I've found that yes he's registered as a puddler when he's married to adelphine but I have found him in a directory. Did you notice their son is a fine art fitter I wonder what that entailed back then. I still have more to look through for him. Katie
  3. K

I'm not sure I haven't got Emma's birth or death certificate yet. And I wouldn't know why or how he met her but through ancestry I've done dna and have linked dna matches through her. I recently spoke to a 2nd cousin who gave me more information on her. His surname was chalmers and his dad was...
  4. K

The Cross Keys Steward Street, Ladywood

Yes lyn I definitely will. It's always been spoke about but no one really knew full facts. Hopefully the certificate won't take too long to come. I will come back and let you know what I find. Thankyou for all your help. Katie
  5. K

It's fine if no one has information on here I just thought it worth a try. If I don't ask I won't know.
  6. K

Well it's more may I want to know about. She was murdered in 1970 in ladywood as far as we were told. She was 51. I'm waiting for her death certificate to confirm the area. But my nan was 31 when she died so she remembered it well as you can imagine. We don't know what went wrong with her but...
  7. K

Hi there. I wonder if anyone has memories of the corkhill family. William h corkhill lived at 55 steward Street. I should think this would have been his local. His first wife my 2nd great grandmother was Emma. She died in 1925 and he then married violet hanks around 1926. My great grandmother...
  8. K

Steward Street School

Thankyou astoness I'll go and have a look.
  9. K

Steward Street School

What a lovely thread. My family were the corkhills. They lived at 55 steward Street and I think would most likely have attended this school. Does anyone know of the corkhills? I'm currently building my family tree and know up to william h corkhill my 2nd great grandfather. My great grandmother...
  10. K

Thankyou lyn. I'll come and check it out. I did look on a oldladywood website and noticed there was a school on the street and thought may must have attended.
  11. K

Thankyou. Yes my grandmother went into care for a while before she was 8 and then she went to live with William and violet. I think violet did marry again my dad remembers violet he said she was a lovely woman. He also met my nans mum once on a farm some family owned he said in Wales. I'm yet to...
  12. K

Yes her sisters were adelphine and zellah catherine. My great great grandmother was from St hermine in France. I have them all on my tree and I've dna matched with relatives etc. May died May webster she never married but used that last name she died in 1970 in ladywood I believe. I am waiting...
  13. K

My grandmother has this address on her birth certificate. We know she lived with her grandad william h corkhill. Does anyone know of the corkhill family who once lived in the area. My grandmothers mom was may corkhill, Williams daughter with Emma Cook. May has been almost a ghost in researching...
Back