• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Kardug

1. K

Tower Street Newtown

Hi Josie Although I live in Lanzarote I do call my aunt regular so will ask her about what you’ve said. She gave me these details at the weekend and I typed them straight in while she was telling me. She was the youngest in the family and is now 86. My Nans name was Mary, she was Auntie Annies...
  2. K

Tower Street Newtown

If I remember right my auntie said auntie annie had sisters, Mary, my Nan, auntie Kate I remember lived in Kings Road, Kingstanding, the name Rene Barron rings a bell. I’ll ring my aunt again soon
  3. K

Tower Street Newtown

My aunt said auntie nell lived there too and she was my nanas sister and her name was Clark. She had a daughter named Nelly and married someone with last name Male and had three children
  4. K

Tower Street Newtown

Jimmy My Auntie said they lived at 3/79 3 back of 79Tower Street , not far from St George’s Church and the school and was related to Micky Horsley as he was their cousin and Auntie Annie was my Nanas sister Best regards Karen
  5. K

Tower Street Newtown

Hi Jim I’m not sure my only surviving aunt is 86. I will give her a call on Saturday. She remembers a lot. I’ll let you know Hope you are well Regards Karen
  6. K

sayings

Another I remember if it’s right He’s in his oil tot. I assume that means he’s happy but not sure what an oil tot is ???
  7. K

sayings

Mom and Dad used to say as face as long as Livery Street
  8. K

Tower Street Newtown

My Mom lived in Tower Street too Kathleen Pearce. She had sisters Mary, Beatrice, Ivy and brother Jack and Tommy
  9. K

Tower Street Newtown

Jimbo, my mom also lived in Tower Street. There name was Pearce, Jack Pearce, emigrated to Oz but came back, albeit some years later, Mary Pearce, Kathleen Pearce, Beatrice Pearce, Ivy Pearce and my Uncle Tom who was my Nanas first child Tommy Warrilow. My Mom used to talk about the Birmingham...
  10. K

Lucas Great King Street memories

I remembered I remember going to the Lucas Christmas party. My mom worked there in the clean shop I think it was called. When I left school I also worked there in the typing pool, I think it was M1 or something similar. I remember Pat Jones the manager and his secretary Angela Welham. I...
  11. K

76 Lions! Plantagenet Buildings Spencer St

Hi How lovely to get a reply. My dads name was Dennis Hampson, I think at one time he was a polisher then I think he was a foreman and later managed the warehouse. He loved it there but unfortunately left under a cloud after a fling with a woman there called Doreen. Problem was her husband also...
  12. K

76 Lions! Plantagenet Buildings Spencer St

I’m new to this forum but interesting to read a post about Hawker Marriss/Cavalier tableware. My Dad used to work there. I was only about 14 when he left but remember a few names like Brian Phillpots, Black Ted who use to live but Barr Beacon. I’d love to hear more about it
Back