• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by jwp

1. J

Army Records

As previously mentioned, it is the cap badge of the Royal Monmouthshire Regt
  2. J

Army Records

3. J

Online Electoral Rolls

Is it a coincidence that there were 2 x John & Ada Pidgeon, with address as 49? I was only a little lad then and only knew my immediate family. My memory is even worse 70 years on!
  4. J

Online Electoral Rolls

Poolpit, you are correct. John (known as Fred) and Ada Pidgeon were my aunt and uncle. I lived next door at 51 Beauchamp Road from 1940 - 1953
  5. J

Online Electoral Rolls

Selby Grove Billesley was originally B14 and changed to B13. John(Fred) & Ada Pidgeon lived at 49 Beauchamp Road, not far from Selby Grove
  6. J

Freemasons

Birmingham masonic lodges are under the jurisdiction of the Province of Warwickshire Tel no; 0121 454 4422 or address any request to: Provincial Grand Secretary Yenton Assembly Room 73 Gravelly Hill North Erdington Birmingham B23 6BJ
  7. J

Heat Rash

We called them chillbrains or chillbains. Just remembered, it was chilblains!
  8. J

Moseley Post Office

I worked at the public counter from July 1956 on leaving school as a 16 year old, until May 1958. I had the grand title of Postal and Telegraph Officer (Counter Clerk).
  9. J

Hip Replacement.

Just back home after hip replacement. Had epidural injection and mild sedative, never felt a thing. Discharged after 2 nights. Listen to the physiotherapist and do the recommended exercises. Make sure you get any aids (toilet and chair etc) from the occupational therapist at home for when you...
  10. J

Hip Replacement.

I get mine in 2 weeks. All advice welcome!
  11. J

Army service medals

I have recently used Worcester medal service. Excellent service.
  12. J

School trips from Brum.

Re post 12. My class at Billesley School Juniors also went to the Festival of Britain in 1951. Unfortunately, my parents couldn't afford the fare so I missed out. There were 2 of us left in the class that day.
  13. J

National Service

Lynn, re post 1477. If you look at" what does REME" mean thread, just below this thread, I have given website details to obtain Army records. It is a cap badge George V1 pattern of Royal Army Ordnance Corps. The only connection with Royal Artillery is we supply the ammunition and our patron...