• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Justsmith

1. J

Brook House, Solihull

From the Birmingham Mail - November 10th 1960 Just wondering if anyone has any photos of Brook House from around that time?
  2. J

Memories of a Birmingham Musician (Drummer)!

I can't find anything online about the Galleon
  3. J

Memories of a Birmingham Musician (Drummer)!

Thank you very much Rob
  4. J

dance halls

Was this the Galleon in Hall Green Katie,? Do you happen to have any pictures of the dance hall?
  5. J

Lode Heath Grammar school

The receptionist from Lode heath sent me the admission book which shows the date of admission as 6th September 1954 and her last day of attendance is registered as 25 July 1959. She also sent me a prospectus of the school. So just need to try and search online for photos of the school.
  6. J

Ernest beauty salon

Oh Wow, thank you so much. I really appreciate all the hard work and effort you are all taking. Thanks again Lyn. Julie
  7. J

Ernest beauty salon

Wow Thank you Viv, I think it was very upmarket - my mum had to go the Midland Hotel (presumably that is now called the Burlington Hotel) to dress cabinets in the hotel foyer with make up and perfume.
  8. J

Ernest beauty salon

Wow Viv these are amazing.... thank you very much. Julie
  9. J

Ernest beauty salon

10. J

Ernest beauty salon

I have been trying to talk to about her past (before I was born) but don't want her to guess what I am doing as I did a presentation when it was my dad's 80th a couple of years which she helped me with. Yes I agree it does sound like it could be the shop that Janice found.
  11. J

Ernest beauty salon

One thing I do know is that lots of famous people went there to have their make up done and my mum had to go the Midland Hotel (presumably that is now called the Burlington Hotel) to dress cabinets in the hotel foyer with make up and perfume.
  12. J

Ernest beauty salon

Thank you
  13. J

Ernest beauty salon

I'm not sure but it would have been around that time so possibly. Many thanks
  14. J

Ernest beauty salon

Awww thank you so much, I will search these addresses online and see if I can find something. I am hoping to be able to find a photo as I am doing a powerpoint presentation for my mum's 80th birthday next year.
Back