• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by jupo65

1. J

Cutler - Glass Merchants

My dad was dave Poole we used to go on the contests all the time lol had to be quiet or we would scare the fish
  2. J

Cutler - Glass Merchants

Hi Jennifer most of my family including myself worked at Pearce and Cutlers the Betts, Poole’s and the Wards . At pope street, Broad street and Witton. My dad started as a beveller and then became a van driver. He used to take Clive out in the van on deliveries. When I left school a position was...
  3. J

Church Road, Yardley, 1950's

My parents lived in the house next door to the hairdressers when I was born in the late 60s and my uncle took over the house when we moved out. its wonderful seeing all the memories from everyone.
  4. J

Poole Market Traders

Hi my grandad and his dad had a fruit &veg barrow and they were both called Albert Poole I’m trying to find out more about them
  5. J

glass bevellers

Hi my family worked at Pearce and cutlets ( including me). We worked both at pope street and electric avenue in Aston
Back