• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Julian Parker

1. J

Ship Inn Lozells

Thank you , yes it is a reply to the question at the start of this thread about the whereabouts of this pub . But many thanks for your input
  2. J

Ship Inn Lozells

I'm told this is The Ship Inn ( circled)
  3. J

Ship Inn Lozells

4. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

Excellent , thanks ...that just about puts the top hat on it....
  5. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

Ah , well this is my bit .... Mr Dabbs was registered at birth as Alfred Moses Dabbs Wheatley in 1887.His father Alfred Wheatley Dabbs was the illegitimate son of Ellen Wheatley, she did however marry the father Enoch Dabbs later the same year ,1858. Alfred Moses'' father, Grandfather, and...
  6. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

Can't make the numbers out , i assume under the words cuckoo bridge in red ? Thanks
  7. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

Ah .... so was it the opposite side to the Reservoir Tavern, after Cuckoo bridge and before Argyle st, I assume ? Many thanks
  8. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

If it helps , the photo . Licensee Alfred Moses Dabbs , The Cuckoo Tavern ,
  9. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

Hi Lady P Ouch, my brain hurts now.. !! ... So was the Reservoir Tavern close by? Cheers JP
  10. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

Cheers Pedrocut , I've got that far. But I can't see why someone would think they are the same place. So I'm trying to place exactly where # 62 Cuckoo Rd was , Thanks for the input
  11. J

pub in Cuckoo Road Aston

The Cuckoo Tavern according to Kelly's Directory Researching it at the moment. Cheers JP
  12. J

The Cuckoo Tavern

Hi , nice to meet you all . I'm afraid my Birmingham local history knowledge and geography in pretty low, so I'm in need of help please..... I'm researching a picture that has appeared on the Black Country history Facebook page It is of a public house called the Cuckoo Tavern. The location...
Back