• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by jukebox

1. jukebox

FROST Robert francis Albert Birmingham-Solihull

I have looked at the registers - in 1980 both Robert and Gudrun were listed at 69 Faulkner Road but neither was there in 1981. We know Robert died in September 1980 but I couldn’t find any information on what happened to Gudrun.
  2. jukebox

Picture re-touch

Not easy around eyes! Here's my attempt:
  3. jukebox

Searching for my Uncle's grave.

Hi Anner. Would be interested to know if you managed to find any more information on Mary/Maureen.
  4. jukebox

Windows 10

Can anyone recommend a free video editor please? I've tried VideoPad from NCH software but they seem to want quite a hefty payment for continued use. P.S. Should have added 'easy to use!!!'
  5. jukebox

Microsoft Edge

Try this:- Open W11 Settings (windows key + I), select Apps then Default Apps. Scroll down the list to Google Chrome, select and Click 'Set Default'. This sets Google as default for the most commonly used file types - if you are using an odd one you may need to set the default for it separately...
  6. jukebox

Microsoft Edge

Hi Carolina. To clarify things, Microsoft Edge is a browser, alternatives being Chrome, Opera and a few others. Google is a search engine which will run on any browser. Are you using Chrome? If so click the 3 dots at the top right of the page and select Settings. Click 'Default Browser' and...
  7. jukebox

Lily and Esther Falen .

Hi Jeanette. I've tried to replace the background with a different wallpaper but this is the best I can find at the moment!
  8. jukebox

Lily and Esther Falen .

Not sure colourising did the photo any favours so two efforts attached:
  9. jukebox

Picture re-touch

A couple of tries:
  10. jukebox

B'ham Mail General Strike Edition

Not sure if this has been posted before - apologies if it has!
  11. jukebox

computer help

Could you post a photo of it Pete?
  12. jukebox

Birmingham Family-related Mementos

Thank you MWS. I wonder what he would have thought of the present situation !
  13. jukebox

Birmingham Family-related Mementos

This medal is inscribed with my grand-dad's name and 1943. He lived with us during WW2 and as far as I know he was a 'fire-watcher' (in Birmingham), having previously served in WW1. Can anyone tell me anything about this medal please?
  14. jukebox

Digbeth

Austin 16 ?
  15. jukebox

Picture re-touch

Yes it does look as though dad's head has been superimposed on the photo - I had actually thought about that possibility before you mentioned it as the edges of his face look too sharp. You need to find the culprit!
Back