• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

jonnybrowne's latest activity

• jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne replied to the thread Herbert Road Small Heath.
    That's interesting - my great-grandfather and namesake, John Browne, lived at 151 Herbert Road, having moved from Whitmore Road after...
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne replied to the thread Prefabs.
    That's all so true - the aunt I mentioned in another post was incredibly houseproud and I remember her and my uncle's Prefab as quite...
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne reacted to paul stacey's post in the thread Prefabs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Reading through these posts about Prefabs, makes me realize that they were loved homes, people cared for them with pride, and although...
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne replied to the thread Prefabs.
    My aunt and uncle lived in a prefab in Sheldon from c.1947 up to about 1967 when I believe they were demolished. I remember it well as I...
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne replied to the thread The Wylde Green Public House.
    Sad to hear the Wylde Green is being demolished - last time I was in there was for a friend's mother's wake a couple of years ago.
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne replied to the thread Give us yer donny.
    Did anyone else get told off for pugging when they were kids?
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne reacted to Susan shaw's post in the thread city centre pubs with Sad Sad.
    In answer to GOC... Yes, these sites bring back wonderful memories. My husband and I use to go into town before we were married. (1969)...
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne replied to the thread Long gone shops.
    Interesting and it would make sense.
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne reacted to chrissweep's post in the thread Long gone shops with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I think they may have been taken over by Patisserie Valerie, which itself went into Administration.
  • jonnybrowne
    The last branch I went to was in Sutton about ten years ago, but my abiding memory is of Druckers being the only good bit of the...
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne reacted to A Sparks's post in the thread Long gone shops with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I don't know about Birmingham but there was still one open on Piccadilly when I was last there at the beginning of the year. They were...
  • jonnybrowne
    Are Druckers still going?
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne replied to the thread Aston Villa history.
    Interesting historical note - W. (Billy) Garraty, third from left in the middle row, is the great-great grandfather of Villa's...
  • jonnybrowne
    jonnybrowne reacted to johnny082's post in the thread Witton Cemetery with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I also visited the office in the Witton cemetery on one occasion to find my nieces grave and they were very helpful. No charge made