• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by jonacs1

1. jonacs1

James Baragwanath & Co

I worked for them in the 60s when they were just baragwanaths, learned to drive a thames trader there.
  2. jonacs1

Can anyone place this photo?

fox and goose
  3. jonacs1

shop in great francis street

I was there 1955- 1966 sister attracta was the head mistress in 55, also had two brothers patrick and peter in higher years and a sister name margaret a year lower dek you must have lived by gerald sharkey
  4. jonacs1

no, i went to st vincents
  5. jonacs1

when we lived there it was the evans family next to the snooker hall, miss rowe was the sweet shop, the little shop next to our opening was owned by a woman named joan you would often see carrying accumalators wich i think she used to charge and above her shop was bud and peter wallace (peter...
  6. jonacs1

that first house is where i used to live, with the big opening on the side
  7. jonacs1

Geach Street

found this old book while clearing a house in kingshurst, its from geach street 1938
  8. jonacs1

looking for pub pic

boarded up, i lived over the road in 311 hospital st
  9. jonacs1

Where is This? Garages #20

watery lane
  10. jonacs1

Haseley Hall

it was a convalescent home my brother patrick coley was there in the 50s
  11. jonacs1

J Coley Coal Merchant Handsworth in the 1920s

drat and my names j coley
  12. jonacs1

Bordesley green

the avenue pub closed down on 4th january and is no longer a pub, still waiting to see what its going to be
  13. jonacs1

Where is this ? 178

saltley viaduct
  14. jonacs1

COLEY and HINKS family

Re: Coley
  15. jonacs1

Transport Companies in Birmingham.

hi john the first lorry i drove was for baragwanath in the late sixties, loading potatoes from moor street (never had a licence in those days)
Back