• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by JOJ184

1. J

Duck8 Smoke Box number plate?

Hi Mike :-) The generally accepted reason for them not having number plates on the smokebox is because the smokebox doors were of a thinner metal (or maybe a different metal?) than normally used and it was found that the area around the holding bolts would sometimes 'burn through' under certain...
  2. J

The No.14 bus

Thanks for that, Phil. As an aside I wonder if you can remember the Ultimate ticket machines, did they contain 5 values or 6. I seem to think they held six different valued ticket rolls, but someone I was talking with recently seems to think that the Birmingham Ultimate machines held only...
  3. J

The No.14 bus

Absolutely brilliant, thanks a million for that! Now you've raised another question in my mind..... if there was a 14J then in theory at least there must probably have been a 14G and 14H. But no matter, if there was then probably someone will mention it sooner or later! Thanks again, Dave
  4. J

The No.14 bus

In connection with a current project, I am trying to find out the PRECISE wording displayed on the destination blinds of the buses working the 14 group of routes during the mid-late 1950s The following are confirmed: 14 TILE CROSS ESTATE via KITTS GREEN 14A GOSTA GREEN 14D...
  5. J

Birmingham buses

Thanks for that, Lloyd! Not seen that pic of it before, obviously very early in its life judging by the large headlights and the thin 'between decks' paint line. Many people quite rightly say that because of its importance in the development of the PD2 it was an ideal preservation project...
  6. J

Birmingham buses

Re: Bus registrations aw, c'mon Lloyd, you forgot HOJ !
Back