• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by johnmorris

1. J

Wills - Download From Gov.uk

Just to add to this thread. I did a search and found 5 family wills. The free calendar gives quite a bit of information but I decided to send for the actual wills to see what extra information they may hold. They quote ten working days (ie two weeks) but my first will took an extra day before I...
  2. J

Monumental Inscriptions For St Peter And St Paul Aston

I have traced most of my family history and found several generations have been Baptised Married and Buried at St Peter and St Paul Aston. Their names are not on the published list of readable head stones. I have thought that if I visit the church yard and can see the odd grave stone with...
  3. J

spitfire

The Memorial Flight is based at RAF Conningsby in Linconshire They have one or more Spitfires also a Lancaster. They can be booked for a fly past. They come over the North Worcester NVTEC Show in June. You can visit and walk down one side of the hanger where they are stored on days when they...
  4. J

Birmingham Street Name Origins

Re Morris Road no replies, so may be I need to add a bit more information. My great great grandfather, Henry Morris, was a farmer at Alum Rock farm in 1861. The farm buildings were at the junction of Sladefield Road and Alum Rock Road. Three of his fields had the name of slade in them hence the...
  5. J

Birmingham Street Name Origins

Does anyone know anthing about the origin Morris Road in Ward End. John Morris
Back