• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by johndavison

1. J

Drop Stamp - Birch Rd - Witton

sorry I have not in touch have a few problems Ihave been informed I have diabetes 2 not on any medication just a diet and to change my eating habits also i have had my son very poorly he somehow contracted cellulitus we thought it was just a rash but took him to hospital on a sunday morning and...
  2. J

Hello Baz@Jean sorry taking so long replying to your mails it has been a tough six months i have been diagnosed with diabetes 2 i am not on any medication just a diet and to get my weight down myself and my wife now walk about 3 to 4 miles a day and about 7 weeks ago my son who is disabled...
  3. J

Hello Jean @Bazz Had a phone call yesterday from Lil Partridge yesterday morning telling me Apple was rushed into Queen Elizabeth with an anuerism in his aorta and they said he might not survive the operation that was last week and that she said he had come through it ok and could be home next week
  4. J

I will ask around surviving members if they have any photos i could borrow and post them online Christine who in the office with your dad has any photos i could send you no promises but i will try nice to know you have found them
  5. J

sorry Bazz they are on there try going on to my profile john davison i know they are on there somehere all sixteen of them if you cannot find them i will get my godson who is fourteen to try and put them in a message thanks for looking
  6. J

Hi BazzM @ jean I have put photos online under john davison album i think you wil have to see if i have them right ,I have found out lately that the three directors each recieved £100 hundred thousand pounds each when Halladays closed and when you think we were told we would receive uor full...
  7. J

Its strange you moving to scotland my father moved to birmingham from newcastle because no work in north east only down the pit and his father forbade him to go down the pit so he came down to work at SS Jaguar in Coventry but lodged in Nechells where met my mother but he grew homesick for...
  8. J

Hello everybody back at last problems now sorted ,Hope you all had a good christmas. Halladays had some bad times in the latter yearsespecially in the sixties when we were in recession in the forging industry and again in the eighties.It was eventually bought by four directors and managers...
  9. J

Thank you for your best wishes the picture you published of your dad the man sitting by him is George Hartley and your dads nickname was ADA .If it was some bodys birthday in the stamp shop they would decorate his hammer with flowers and plants from the nearby River Tame .every dinnertime we...
  10. J

sorry so long in replying had a few problems health wise but sorted now i started work there in 1956 as a die miller but did not like getting burnt by the hot swarf so moved onto the diesinkers bench and it was there i met the great joe weetman who taught me everything about diesinking and drop...
  11. J

October 2002 registered the closure of probably one of the best and in my opinion the most skilful of drop forges in Birmingham namely Halladays Drop Forgings .I started work there as a die miller but did not getting burnt by the swarf so moved onto the diesinkres bench and it was there I met...
  12. J

I have just found 16 photographs showing the death of the stamp I will try to put them online when i can figure how to do it
  13. J

Only just found site i remember your dad did you live in ward end ,i worked in die shop for 46 years along with Johnny perks we had the best two managers in Joeweetman and Ken Partridge(APPLE) they taught me everything about diesinking your dad and men like Joe Weetman snr billy smith amongst...
Back