• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by johnboy100

1. J

Seeking information about a tram accident - 1941

In the Coroner's report from my great-grandfather's accident, the driver mentioned that he did not see or feel any collision but knew something had happened when he felt the 'life-guard' on the front of the tram drop; at that he point he stopped the tram fairly quickly to investigate. Does...
  2. J

I am now back from the Central Library and indeed, I was able to read and photograph the relevant Coroner's report. It showed that my great grandfather was knocked down by Tram car No 804 on the No 8 route from the City 20-30 yards before the Request Stop opposite the Reginald Road/Alum Rock...
  3. J

Thanks to everyone who provided advice. I have confirmed that a coroner's file does exist in the Central Library in Birmingham and I'm off to view it next week.
  4. J

I'm not far away! I have emailed them as you suggested as you have to make an appointment to view archived inquest material. Thanks again for your help.
  5. J

Thank you very much; it looks like a trip back to my homeland is required.
  6. J

Hello, I am searching for any information about a tram accident that sadly killed my great-grandfather in 1941. The death certificate for my great-grandfather, Arthur John Hand (6 Mar 1896 - 4 Dec 1941) states "Died at Birmingham General Hospital of: cardiac failure as a result of a fracture...
Back