• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by John k

1. J

Record shop favourites in birmingham

Yeah u could be right. I remember mods hanging round there about 84/85 so guessed it was then but could Easily be earlier. If u google Birmingham mods that pic turns up. Maybe it says when it was.
  2. J

A Birmingham Christmas Wish List

Yeah those Sony’s were big bucks. I don’t remember anyone having a real one , just Argos ripoffs etc. When the Sony shop opened in Walsall in 82 we used to go in just to LOOK at them knowing that none of us would ever be able to afford one. They may have been about £90 at that time. Come to...
  3. J

Hey ade, does the rockers bag have a skull on it? I seem to remember one. Behind the counter they had a melted black telephone. There always seemed to be Johnny thunders style guys talking to the shop owners who were prob in bands at the time (around 86) . The same guys hung around a record...
  4. J

Hey griff , you’re the only person that’s ever mentioned that movie poster shop. I bought and an evil dead booklet from there about 87. Hers a pic of the cafe in summer row I came across on google. Mid 80s I reckon
  5. J

New street amusement arcade

Around the mid 80s the 2 player Kung fu games were the latest thing and always had 3 or 4 kids crowded round them. I’m guessing it was street fighter or maybe mortal combat?
  6. J

New street amusement arcade

Dayvilles was one of the only places in the city centre open on sundays in the 80s. I remember it being full of truants and cigarette smoke down stairs on week days and seemed like a “bad” place to hang out. Anyone remember the hot dogs on heated rollers in the window? They were quite expensive...
Back