• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by John Hinks

1. J

Sutton Park

Blackroot Pool looks so peaceful these days! Back in the 1950s we used to have an annual school trip (from Christ Church Primary School, West Bromwich) to Sutton Park. We piled onto two or three hired Corporation buses (three to a seat) and the main part of the trip was when we went to Blackroot...
  2. J

Easy Row

Hi Dave, I'd forgotten those bronze measures but can recall them vaguely. I do remember the fountain being very frothy sometimes! There was also a little war memorial with a seat either side and a springbok (it must have been South African) near the fountain. It used to be a meeting-place for...
  3. J

Woodman Public House Easy Row

I worked in the old Reference Library (in Ratcliffe Place, facing the side of the Town Hall) in the mid to late 1960s and used to sometimes walk round the block, which included Easy Row. My memories of it are a tad hazy but I remember a little old violin shop and the magnificent Woodman pub...
Back