• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by joe 90

1. joe 90

Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell & Gurden Dairy

Happy New Year to you too and to all on this site.
  2. joe 90

Canterbury Road Police Station

I served at Canterbury Rd from 1974 to 1976 when we were all moved to Sutton Coldfield when we were West Midlands Police and not Birmingham City Police.I preferred to work out of Canterbury Road to be honest.Joe 90
  3. joe 90

Sutton Park

Wonderful pictures
  4. joe 90

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

I would have thought they would have been children from serving officers of D division.....................Joe 90
  5. joe 90

Foster Brothers Clothing Company Limited

l remember them well used to buy my clothes from them and suits made at Burton's. ......Joe 90
  6. joe 90

Coastal Command - the forgotten ones

My father was a F/Sgt in Coastal Command he was based in Lossiemouth in Scotland in WW2 he was born in B'ham son of a Police Ins in B'ham.My father was born in B'ham his name was Jack Allen....................Regards Joe 90
  7. joe 90

Police Horses

Hi Eddie it;s just age or the letters are in the wrong place on the computer!!!!!...............Joe 90
  8. joe 90

Steelhouse Lane Police Station..the End Of An Era

Another sad day,................ Joe 90
  9. joe 90

Police Horses

Hi Chris it has taken me sometime to remember the mounted man at the rear on the left is Ted Cooke who was made sergeant and Inspector on the Dept........................Joe
  10. joe 90

Police Horses

Hi Chris yes l think it is Jim Reid we were not using the white gauntlets when l served it was brown leather gloves.ln the first line up the chap on the right is Ken Fisher.C.I. Mc Kensie was in charge when l served..............regards Joe
  11. joe 90

Police Horses

Hi what was his name l was mounted police at Duke St until 1978
  12. joe 90

Police Horses

13. joe 90

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Hi l served on the mounted with Ken Fisher he was a character and a practical joker he was stationed at Duke St.
  14. joe 90

Police vehicle patrols

Hi l think that is Warwickshire Police
  15. joe 90

Police vehicle patrols

Hi when l joined in the early 70s l had my 'D' number then we changed to WMP my number changed a 5 at the front to denote 'D' Div and a zero was added at the end as l only originally had two numbers,when l transfered to the mounted dept which was 'R' Div l kept my 'D' number.
Back