• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by JO HEALING

1. J

Stretton Road Aston

aaww,,,thank you for that,,,so nice to hear someone say they remember it,,,,,wish I could get a pic from the front showing its name ha ha,,,,,,thank you again,,,have a lovely day :)
  2. J

Stretton Road Aston

Thank you for all of your help :)
  3. J

Stretton Road Aston

hello there,,,thank you so much,,,YES,,,,,,my father was S J Simpkins,,,,,,,,was it Simpkins and you remembered it incorrectly,,,,,just wondered,,,thank you soo much for your help :)
  4. J

Stretton Road Aston

Hello. Did your grandad by any chance live in stretton road in the early 60s,,,,,,,,my parents used to run the cafe on the corner called The Little Spoon at the time. There names were John and Dolly Simpkins with 2 daughters called Joanne and Dorothy. Dont suppose you know anything do you?
  5. J

Stretton Road Aston

Hello there. Was the newsagents on the left hand side of stretton road or the right hand side of stretton road (BOTH ON THE CORNER OBVIOUSLY) as if you were standing facing stretton road with your back to Tubes side of Rocky lane. I am looking for details, history and photos of a business that...
  6. J

Stretton Road Aston

Hello there, I joind this forum to see if anyone knows anything about the history of the business on the corner of Stretton road and Rocky lane. My parents ran it in the early sixties and it was a cafe called The Little Spoon. Do you by any channce remember it Romana?
  7. J

Premises History

My parents used to run the premise on the corner of Stretton Road and Rocky Lane in the early sixties. It was a cafe called The Little Spoon. From basic research I have gleaned that it was also a cafe owned by other owners,, a paper shop and other type of business,,maybe hardware,,not sure. Both...
Back