• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by jimbo

1. J

bishopsgate st

Another great set of photos Lyn, much appreciated.
  2. J

Ghosting on Videos

Thank you for explaining that. As you say my version seems OK so I will carry on with it for now, it's got nothing to do with me being useless!
  3. J

Ghosting on Videos

Thank you, that sounds like a good idea I will have to have a go at it with my grandkids, they are all quite techno minded. What are the differences in the windows versions and is it worth me trying to upgrade/change what I have?
  4. J

Ghosting on Videos

It comes up as Version1809 (build 17763-1282) whatever that means.
  5. J

Ghosting on Videos

jukebox not that I am aware of any updates, bit I not that computer literate.
  6. J

Ghosting on Videos

Morturn thank you for your advice, will give it a go
  7. J

Ghosting on Videos

oldMoawk. Thank you, will try that and hopefully get some success.
  8. J

Ghosting on Videos

Morturn, they come as an attachment on emails. The sort of thing that plays either a song or a joke. It has only been happening the last couple of weeks.
  9. J

Ghosting on Videos

Morturn, I'm not sending them, it's happening to the ones I receive.
  10. J

Ghosting on Videos

Would anyone know why when someone send me a video the picture keep breaking up and a greenish ghosting effect disrupts the video? Thank you all in advance PS I have not altered any of my settings. PPS how do you increase the volume? Some are so quiet I can't hear them.
  11. J

Computer Security.

Thank you oldMohawk, much appreciated, will give it a go so it's fingers crossed.
  12. J

Computer Security.

oldMohawk, would this work on an Apple ipad? The reason I ask is that the wife gets numerous invitations in her emails to have sex with Russian women/men, have her penis enlarged, collect the money she has won in Vegas etc etc. I have changed her password numerous times (as advised) but...
  13. J

Pub Quiz League

Just like to add my congratulations to "Curly the Champion Pub Spotter" and too Kieron for providing the great entertainment this post has given, not only to me but all who have taken part. Well done to each and everyone of you, you all deserve a nice pint in the Pub of your choice! PS I did...
  14. J

Bournbrook Hotel The Old Varsity Tavern The Goose Selly Oak

Had some great nights in there in the '70s. It has survived so long because of the Student population in and around Selly Oak. It's about a five minute walk from the University.
  15. J

Prefabs

I went out with a young lady who lived in one at 58 Partons Road Kings Heath, I wonder where she is now?