• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Jill

1. J

Skinner Lane

Sorry have just looked at it again and there is almost nothing of Skinner Lane showing. Skinner Lane is running alongside the houses on the right.
  2. J

Skinner Lane

You can just see Hurst Street over the lad's shoulder. The lad in the front lived in the shop you can see. I have another photo which shows Skinner Lane but has me and a friend up a lamp post so more us and less Skinner Lane but I will post it anyway.
  3. J

Skinner Lane

Skinner Lane in background.
  4. J

High Street Deritend Digbeth

I posted this a long time ago but it may have been lost when the site was hacked so here it is again.
  5. J

The Wallace Ballsall Heath

This is the Wallace in the 1920's. Jill
  6. J

Beck's Dairy

Don't think this is the one I'm looking for but many thanks for trying.
  7. J

Beck's Dairy

Please could you tell me if there is a Beck's Dairy listed between 1891 and 1901. It was in Spon Lane, West Bromwich I think. Thank you.
  8. J

Fisher & Ludlows factory

My father worked for Fishers all his working life starting at the inner city factory (where he lost the first joint of his index finger in a press) and later moving to Castle Bromwich. He was a tool setter and eventually became a foreman. His name was Tom Henn. During the war he rigged up a...
  9. J

Hunt family ELECTORAL ROLL

Re: ELECTORAL ROLL Hunt family Thank you!
  10. J

Hunt family ELECTORAL ROLL

Re: ELECTORAL ROLL Hunt family Please could you tell me how to access the electoral rolls? I found some information a while ago online but have since been unable to locate the website I used. Any help would be much appreciated.
  11. J

Rivers : River Rea

Enjoyed this. We came from the Cotswolds recently on the day the Midlands Arts Centre re-opened and the river looked lovely with ducks swimming around and bordered by trees and a path to walk along. So very different from what I remembered.
  12. J

Balsall Heath.

Hi Barney, I worked as a receptionist for Dr. Deary for a short time at his surgery in Longmore Street which fronted our houses in a yard at the back. His surgery was always full to bursting. He worked very long hours and was well respected. I believe he was Egyptian and a very nice man too.
  13. J

Typhoo Tea Bordesley Street Digbeth

My mother worked at Typhoo from when she left school at 14 in 1933 to when she was married and left to have her first child in 1942. I still have the opened out Typhoo tea packet listing her workmates and how much they had donated as a leaving gift for her.
  14. J

Group photos

Mary Street School, Balsall Heath. About 1952 think. Jill.
  15. J

old evening mail pics.....

Brilliant - really enjoyed. Thanks.
Back