• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Jennie

1. J

Lucas Parties & Pantomimes

Hi Christina, I have been doing our Family History for some years now, and I was just speaking to my brother about our Dad’s time at the BSA, he worked in the stores, and he mentioned that the BSA did these Christmas Parties, and said what fun he and my other brother’s and sister’s had. Is it...
  2. J

Yardley Wood

Hi to the member who was looking for pictures of the area. If you go on eBay to the collectables, postcards, Yardley Wood, there are loads of piccies, maybe you can find what your looking for there!! Regards, Jennie
  3. J

Yardley Wood

Hi Bernard, did you have any luck with the photo you mentioned above? Regards Jennie
  4. J

Yardley Wood

Hi Baz, Yes it was that group of houses, as was the second from the field, the first one was Simpson's, then ours Walton's, then Barlow, Haylor, Spence, and then Tyler's. How small the world is one of the older Tyler's lives close to me now, in Worcestershire.
  5. J

Yardley Wood

We lived next but one house to the waste ground opposite to the outdoor, the Catholic Church was just inside Glenavon Road. I can remember playing kick the can with other kids in the street. Happy days.
  6. J

Yardley Wood

Hi, thanks for this, but as you say Bernard this a different photo, but as the one I'm looking for was used for an insurance adverting leaflet someone must have taken it. Regards, Jennie
  7. J

Yardley Wood

Hi to you all, I have not been on the list for a while. I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the 1953 Street Party for Highters Heath Lane, the corner of Glenavon Road. Opposite Gorleston Road, as I am desparetely trying to find any photos that may still exist within families that were...
  8. J

Yardley Wood

Is that on this Forum or a separate web site? Love to have back any follow-ups from the photos.
  9. J

Yardley Wood

This one is of my late brother Robert, (aka) Disney, I think it is taken in his 1st or 2nd year at WYS approx 1954-5 or 1955-6. He is the 3rd in from the left, on the back row. The picture is taken in front of the Boys Gym Block, at the top of the driveway not sure who the Teacher is though, as...
  10. J

Yardley Wood

No. 64 Tram. The Man in front is my Step Grandad Dando. This is Class 2 of Highters Heath Infants. Miss Jackson was the Teacher, and I can remember quite a few of the childrens' names. I'm the first one on the left, in the front row. This is my sister's Class I think it's of the second...
  11. J

Yardley Wood

Thanks, Bernie, I'll do a sort and post ASAP, working off my iPad at the moment and it doesn't allow you to run flash player. I also have a few class photos of my older brothers and sisters from YWS which may bring back a few memories for some folk. My family lived in Highters Heath Lane, and my...
  12. J

Yardley Wood

Hi All, could someone tell me what the procedure is for posting the photo, please? As different sites differ from time to time.Many thanks, Jennie
  13. J

Yardley Wood

Hi All, on looking through this thread I noticed quite a few of you went to H H L School, which brought back a few memories. I also went there to both the Infants and Juniors, left in 1962/3 and went on to YWS. Do any of you remember Miss Jackson in Class 2 in HHL Infants approx. 1956/7. I have...
Back