• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Jeff2087

1. J

Marsh Hill Boys Grammar Tech School

The Electronic Organ was mentioned earlier in the thread. Here is an article from the 1966 'Compass' by G. A. Williams: Have just re-connected with this thread and am amazed to see this article that I wrote in 1966. Many thanks to Biscayne for uploading it here. I guess it was my first ever...
  2. J

The other sections of the article about the school in the Erdington News of Fri June 9th 1961 are attached. It's great to see the picture of the electronic organ again. That was a big project. It was started by Martin Peakman under the guidance of Physics teacher Don Fifer in 1963. I joined...
  3. J

This photo shows a part of a full-page spread on the school in, what I think was, The Erdington News of June 9th 1961. For some reason my mother kept it all these years. The full headline says "Marsh Hill Offers a Wide Education". I was somewhere in the group shown attempting ballroom dancing...
  4. J

You can see the lower half of the sculpture in the attached photo of the Marsh Hill staff taken in summer 1967.
  5. J

I also started at Marsh Hill in 1959. Form 1M with Mr Keatley (Head of French). Suspect you were in same form? I stayed through 6th form then went to Essex University. I recognise some of the guys in your rugby photo. Have attached a photo of a fell-walking group that I belonged to (I'm not in...
Back