• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Jeannie

1. Jeannie

Yorkswood York’s Wood camp site Castle Bromwich

Thanks for doing your homework ,and yes I think boys and girls are together these days Now proud of my old hat even though a bit worse for ware,Happy days wernt they
  2. Jeannie

Wow some great memories thank you
  3. Jeannie

Thank you, I was in 231st Brownies then onto guides ,I just wonder how many groups there were in Dear old brum ,must admit I’ve just had a good singalong
  4. Jeannie

I remember the scout camp fire, Going with the guides ,sitting on those logs eating baked beans in tomatoe soup from my enamel dish and singing things like ging gang gooly gooly , must have been around 1959/60
  5. Jeannie

Group photos

I left in 1959 ,and went onto Hodge Hill secondry I can still remember some of the teachers now I’ve seen the photo but carnt remember the class I was in ,I too can remember some of my classmates but as you say a long time ago now
  6. Jeannie

Hodge Hill secondary school

Thank you,I always remember those so called sailors wanted me to take the bottoms in, bell bottoms wernt the in thing then ,,thanks again
  7. Jeannie

Are there any phots of The production of HMS Pinafore ,must have been 1964 ish, I remember helping with the sewing of 20 plus pairs of bell bottom trousers
  8. Jeannie

Me neither lol
  9. Jeannie

Fanny's (fanny By Gaslight) Snow Hill

I temember Going to Fannys for great steak meals in the later part of the 60’s , if I remember rightly some of the tables had old tredle sewing machine treadles or am I just dreaming
  10. Jeannie

I think you were at the girls school,not the mixed secondry as was mentioned
  11. Jeannie

Hams Hall power station

I remember going on a school trip to Hams Hall power station, not sure I learnt much about it then though ,not really a girly thing
  12. Jeannie

Group photos

Found the photo, thank you once again, so nice looking back and now that I have names for faces it brings back lots of happy memories, thank you again
  13. Jeannie

Group photos

Those names certainly ring some bells, but how do I see the picture please Master Brummie ? I’d really like to see it
  14. Jeannie

Hi Steveo yes I remember Mr Lewis the art teacher, I remember that when he walked his head came first, he wore some strange clothes or so I thought but then I guess I didn’t know much about art, I remember coming first in the class once with my painting of an African mask, I mixed lots of yakky...
  15. Jeannie

Group photos

I would have left in 1959 but probably some of these teachers would have been there in my days ,carnt say I remember those faces but probably would by name ,thanks for sharing
Back