• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by JeannetteM

1. J

W.H. Price Ltd Tool Hire

Hi Sue, I remember the two chaps because they were father and son but for the life of me I don’t remember their names. The son worked on the front counter, he was tall, about 20ish and had a mop of lovely black hair, shoulder length I would say. His dad I suppose was in his early 50’s. Jen
  2. J

W.H. Price Ltd Tool Hire

Sue, I remember a couple of chaps who worked on the shop floor but other than the names I mentioned in earlier posts I can’t recall their names. I started and left in 1972. Jen
  3. J

W.H. Price Ltd Tool Hire

Yes happy days Lyn, I used to love getting up and going to work. Don’t know whether Janet Harley, one of the drivers, was still there when you worked there. She had a fantastic sense of humour, she had me in stitches. Seems like yesterday. Jen
  4. J

W.H. Price Ltd Tool Hire

Like me Lyn, I started there a few months after my 21st. I remember Peter being tall and wearing a white coat. I used to join the girls upstairs for mid morning coffee. The Company provided the milk and coffee so it was take it in turns to rustle it up. One of us would go round and take orders...
  5. J

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

Very sad to read of the loss of Maurice, he was like a familiar friend, he will be missed on the Forum. Thinking of his family. Rest in peace. Jen.
  6. J

Shakespeare Inn in 1891

Hi Mike, There was or maybe still is a Shakespeare Pub on the Stratford Road down from Bradford Street. I do know that many residents from Bradford Street used this one. Jen.
  7. J

Our Cat Sandy

What a lovely thing to do, so caring for the pets. I love this story. Jen
  8. J

History of surnames Morrall and Badger

Hi John, I have only just seen this post. There is public park in Handsworth called Black Patch Park. Not sure if this could be the land that you are asking after. It borders on Winson Green. Jen
  9. J

The Custard House Blake Lane

I was living off Green Lane in the late 60’s and went into the Custard House some weekends. I can’t remember the group but at the time I was there the Landlords surname was Studholme, tall chap and ran it with his wife, who was very petite. Hope this rings a bell for you Shirley. Jen
  10. J

Memories : Tribute to old Birmingham

What a lovely description of your memories of Town. I feel exactly the same, although I am a few years older than you. Saturday was the day to feel excited about the bus ride into Town, like you I loved looking into the shops as the bus went by, so much to see. There was an added bit of...
  11. J

Perry Beeches Secondary School

Yes you could be worth a fortune Mary, however did we get away with wearing the mini skirt. Climbing the stairs on the bus was tricky. I can’t picture Mrs Baker, cruel teacher for saying nobody to help you, how are you supposed to learn? Happy days ay:joy::joy:. Jenny
  12. J

Monyhull Hall Hospital Resident

Hi smithy, I was interested in reading your post on Monyhull Hospital because my Grandfather was a resident there some years ago and it jogged a few memories for me. I googled Monyhull and found an interesting piece but what I found also was a couple of questions that people had asked regarding...
  13. J

Perry Beeches Secondary School

Hi David, I have used the private message facility to you so I hope it posted ok. It should be in your message box.
Back