• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by jeanbee

1. J

Geach Street

Yes thank you Shera, this is the correct address! and the correct names. My parents married in 1943 and I remember mom telling me that nan wanted her to have a double wedding with them but dad wouldn't hear of it so Edward and Eliza appear to have married later than 1945. A few more clues for me...
  2. J

Clifford Street

By the way, I bought some points on the Find My Past .co.uk website, but I wondered if you think the Ancesty.co.uk site is better? There are so many to choose from!
  3. J

Clifford Street

Brilliant, it's so important these old photos are protected. I have lots that I am sorting through gradually, having moved house ..again.. last year so I have decided it's time to do the job properly and try to organise them all. Most are of family members rather than buildings. I have completed...
  4. J

Clifford Street

oh all seems ok now, I browsed away from the first page and then came back and the pics were there. Anyway, more wonderful photos, where did you get them all from, is there a book with them in?
  5. J

Clifford Street

Sorry Lyn pics havn't come through properly, I can only see boxes with red crosses in them.
  6. J

Clifford Street

Such wonderful photos! We used to live right across the road from the Porchester pub, 1/37, dad belonged to the angling club and the darts club. I still have a couple of his darts medals, apparently he was pretty good. I remember going on "charabang" trips with lots of mums and dads and other...
  7. J

Geach Street

Thank you Stars but not the right ones. My nan' s name was defiantely Eliza Jane and she (supposedly)married Grandad in 1943. Haven't got the certificate yet to prove it though. Grandad could have been married before to matilda?
  8. J

William Street...Lozells

brilliant photos, bring back so many memories. New Zealand may be clean and green but it's so lovely to look back at these pics and remember where you came from. Childhood was so different in those days, but defiantely happy :)
  9. J

Geach Street

I wonder if you would be able to find an Edward and Jean Murray( nee McNeill) my nan and step-grandad who lived in William Street please? Nan worked as a cleaner at the Lucas factory for many years. Can't recall grandad ever going to work!
  10. J

Geach Street

Thank you for the info, Shera. Seems like another lifetime doesn't it?
  11. J

Geach Street

Wonderful photos ,Lynn. Certainly brings back memories. My surnames I am working with are Boyington, (me),Edouarde, Murray and Davies. I was born at 1/37 or 1/137? (can't quite remember at this moment,) in Clifford Street. Must ask my brother, his memory might be better than mine! However, it's...
  12. J

Geach Street

Hi everyone, as a newbie to this site I am absolutely blown away at seeing these photos, I was transported back to my childhood!! My brother and I spent many an hour playing outside the Geach, with a Vimto and a packet of crisps while dad and his brother were inside having a drink. Dad's family...
Back